One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Well, I don't have much time anymore, as work away from home sunday night to friday....so squeezing things in when I can at weekends in the evening. Whilst the Nam firebase is gonna take some time, I recently received a DAM nude from their neptune spear guy, the one with tattoos. As tattooed figures can't really be used for Vietnam (they were frowned upon apparantly by the US Army) I decided to use it for my other passion - La Legion. Worked out well methinks. It has made me once again fall in love with the Armoury F1 uniform haha.

Anyhow, enough jabbering, here he is. Might not be fully accurate, but bashed him with some spare kit, and thought he came out looking cool.

·
Registered
311 Posts
superbe travail...mais je ne crois pas que le gilet de combat soit en dotation à l'époque des treillis kakis...à voir

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you - yes, I am thinking of changing it to the vest that came with Bruno....or just plain belt and suspenders with MAS pouches.

G

·
The patch come from ACE French Foreign Legion 1er REC and is not good !!! They wrote "Legion Entancere" and the good name is "Légion Étrangère"....

ACE => F...king mental defective.

·
Le Zouave 1/6
477 Posts
yes !! fench foreign legion !!

good work.. but some errors ...;)

assault vest, scarf, it lacks a handgun, put on a helmet and beret in the trouser pocket .....

but, very good work, I like it, thanx for the french touch' !! ;)

regards.

The Zouave.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. I knew it wasn't totally accurate as I just put it together with spares, thanks Le Zouave for the bits to change, I will do those next weekend (the scarf was the only one I had to hand. I have since found a white one which should work).

I think I will remove the assault vest, and give him some webbing from the Henri figure. Might give him 2 friends then too, and give them MAT49s. Although I'm sure I would then need to give this guy an FR-F1!!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nice work, lurpdog101! I'm not certain ACE provided that rocker thru ineptitude, they might have been trying to avoid all the recent copyright problems. Fine job of gathering a lot of rarer parts to do this bash.

G

·
I'm sorry Lurpdog, i should have started by congratulating you for your job and this "Légionnaire"... :thumb:bravo

You are for nothing but there are some things that exceeds me.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry Lurpdog, i should have started by congratulating you for your job and this "Légionnaire"... :thumb:bravo

You are for nothing but there are some things that exceeds me.
Haha it's fine mate. I am glad you mentioned that about the ACE scroll as I had not noticed till you said! Lol

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whoop - and bonus - I just scored another Armoury Legionnaire on ebay, seller accepted my $35 offer...brand new, MIB :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts