One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It seems odd that Hasbro is looking for $14.99 on these with molded on shirts compared to $19.99 for the clothed Indiana Jones figures, which also have the licensing cost burden. I'd be willing to pay $19.99 for a better quality Cobra trooper. I really liked the 12" trooper with helmet, flag, etc. that they came out with a couple of years ago.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
I have a theory that the molded t-shirts are as much a market targeting as a cost saving issue. Market research and play testing probably indicated a preference for molded clothing and simpler accessories among kids and parents. Who knows? It isn't my thing but I'm not a 5 to 8 year old kid who's gonna play with 'em in the dirt. Like Clay has said, they're toys for kids, not high end collectible figures.

As with the previous 1/6 scale RAH line, the headsculpts seem to be the real stand out parts. I might at least have to pick up Flint to head swap on to a better body. I'll take a wait and see approach with the other guys but the prototypes look like they have good character and personality. Dusty certainly looks more useful than his last incarnation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm happy to see JOE back, and will keep my eyes open for these.

I'm also not surprised to see that the air of implied superiority over toy-grade figures still remains among the elite here. While these may not be to some people's taste, where's the need to trash them? Doesn't do the hobby or it's members any good whatsoever to alienate and ridicule what some see as a positive move.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Great news as I said before. This allows kids an avenue into our hobby, and At 15.00 a pop an affordable one at that. Kudos to Hasbro for keeping this hobby alive for the next generation.
Ditto.

I'll echo the sentiments already posted. These are toys, fellas, intended to be played with by children. I'm glad to see these.

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Great news as I said before. This allows kids an avenue into our hobby, and At 15.00 a pop an affordable one at that. Kudos to Hasbro for keeping this hobby alive for the next generation.
kids a venue into our hobby...scratching my head quizzically...pondering the fact that I am closer to 50 than not and my hobby is playing with toy soldiers...

not bust chops, only my thoughts
:smoking

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
AMEN Armand and Clay...was a sad day when Hasbro quit 1/6 a little while back...great that they're in the ring again. Nice that there's something the kids can drag around in the dirt as it should be. I guess I haven't changed much...I still take my WW2 figs into the snow and dirt for photo ops...the little guys seem happier that way...lol. Good on ya Hasbro.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For what they are, toys, they look great and should appeal to kids. For us, I see some bits and pieces for possible bashing. One thing I like is the headsculpts, which seem to have a little character to them. Plus killer sci-fi boots on Flint.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the Sideshow figures. I too would love a well-done version of the classic Cobra Trooper or Officer.

·
USAF GI Joe
540 Posts
Glad to see them. They are toys, kids play with toys. Kids also put the "ACTION" into "ACTION FIGURES". I will be buying some for my 8 Y.O. Nephew. He knows how to have fun with his Joes. He has backyard battles during the day and at night time he plays with them in his room. It's a hoot to hear all the machine gun fire, explosions and other sound effects coming from his room. Now, that's what "ACTION FIGURES" were made for.

Also, what do you expect for that price point, cloth pouches and boots, super detailed weapons? I think not...

If you don't like them, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.

Have a nice day....:cheers

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
I have a theory that the molded t-shirts are as much a market targeting as a cost saving issue. Market research and play testing probably indicated a preference for molded clothing and simpler accessories among kids and parents. Who knows? It isn't my thing but I'm not a 5 to 8 year old kid who's gonna play with 'em in the dirt. Like Clay has said, they're toys for kids, not high end collectible figures.

As with the previous 1/6 scale RAH line, the headsculpts seem to be the real stand out parts. I might at least have to pick up Flint to head swap on to a better body. I'll take a wait and see approach with the other guys but the prototypes look like they have good character and personality. Dusty certainly looks more useful than his last incarnation.
Yeah...What he said. And I too like the head sculpts.. Dusty's in particular Very close to Hot Toys Green Beret...

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
Im not very impressed
I have no quams about the figures being toylike but to basically re-use the same crappy bodies they used years ago just reaks of cheepness
you mean to tell me after all these years of NOT making 12inch figures this is the best they can do.
My kid isnt a big fan of 12inchers anyway to Ill pass
to bad hasblow you blew it again

G

·
Nice to see there intake for the future 1/6th scale collectors. I love the figures but I'm looking forward to the primo stuff.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Weird that these are up for pre-order, I saw a lot of these parts loose over at 1/6 Depot. I assumed they were parts from older 1/6 Joes - I picked up Beach Head's steel toed boots, cool and very scifi looking (in my hand right now).

I'm really not a fan of the molded shirts, but I see lots of bash potential and the head sculpts are good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.