One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I have seen one of these, and as far as an XJS goes, and most 12" figure vehicles really, it's a bit under scaled, but the details that are there look pretty decent.

Of course a car nut and detail freak could really make this awesome, not bad for what it is. But that pink.....

Voiture Barbie Vintage Car Jaguar Cabriolet XJS V12 Mattel 1991 | eBay

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
By subjective perception rather than strict scale measurement, some of these Barbie cars look quite reasonable being driven, but not so much vertically when you have a person standing up next to them because they are so low. For photographic purposes you can cheat a bit by raising the car and just not showing the ground. I've heard it said you can raise the suspension but I don't understand how you could do that without needing drastic surgery to the wheel wells. See also this thread that's active currently: 1/6th-ish Mustang

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It's true, they're at their weakest when photographed with a figure standing next to them. They can look pretty good when the figure is driving is if you don't show that the windshield is too low; the angle and framing are key to getting the right effect. They also make really good background props, and can add depth to a photo.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Very nice animation. The Jag does look good (even tho some ruffians have knocked off the mirrors).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts