One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
I guess he must be doing well, because they're now $250. But still... That's one of those: 'Why didn't I think of that?'... ideas.

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,047 Posts
That looks like something you could easily build out of styrene in exactly the scale you wanted for just a few bucks.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
these are street art graffiti not intended for the 1/6 scale world gotta understand theres another world out there then osw .. but you can sure use it in our world.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The presentation is really good, and not sure where you could get those wheels to use to make your own custom. Not to mention the graffiti additions, which is actually a form much harder than it looks to replicate well.

Pretty cool, I can totally see why these go for so much. Hipster garbage to have on your desk at work or whatever, but it's also art? Yeah, pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They look good, but $100 for a plain black one is kind of steep, even if I understand why, since they are indeed made of metal.

I'm not so sure they are actually underscale - they seems to be quite correct, but on the other hand we have other types of bins here in Sweden.

That said, I would friggin' love to make a diorama with that bear in Colorado:

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
The presentation is really good, and not sure where you could get those wheels to use to make your own custom. Not to mention the graffiti additions, which is actually a form much harder than it looks to replicate well.

Pretty cool, I can totally see why these go for so much. Hipster garbage to have on your desk at work or whatever, but it's also art? Yeah, pretty cool.
The wheels are the easiest to procure... i'm sure all the major hardware stores have them... google "caster wheels"... your choice if nylon (white) or rubber (mostly black).

I'd like to put an Oscar the Grouch stuffed toy in that green dumpster!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Those are really cool, made of metal and all too. I wouldn't mind owning one myself but that price tag is a bit too much, not that that guys art work isn't worth it, just not that big a fan of dumpsters. I would want it for a terminator 1 arrival scene diorama though!!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
these are street art graffiti not intended for the 1/6 scale world gotta understand theres another world out there then osw .. but you can sure use it in our world.
Gee thanks, us onesixth scale bumpkins never new that.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The wheels are the easiest to procure... i'm sure all the major hardware stores have them... google "caster wheels"... your choice if nylon (white) or rubber (mostly black).

I'd like to put an Oscar the Grouch stuffed toy in that green dumpster!
In 1/6 scale though? Or something-ish close? I've never seen anything like that small enough to use for our stuff.

EDIT - hmm, found a 1" caster set, not super teeny but kinda small-ish. Lots of dollhouse miniature replicas on ebay and such, but yeah, I've never seen anything this small at like Lowes/Home Depot. I wish!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts