One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1/2/20:Latest photo updates will be included within this thread :

- - -

Here are in-process shots of the latest project. Moving from modern military to dystopian cyberpunk. These have little to no post processing. The magazine will be eventually be attached with magnets. After several revisions, the scope slides on and off. These test prints are in grey resin and will be dyed Black. Feels good to be back after being away from the hobby for years.

The first person to recognize where the design is from gets a gold star. Comments and critiques are welcome.

photo_2019-12-22_19-23-27.jpg photo_2019-12-22_19-23-31.jpg photo_2019-12-22_19-23-15.jpg photo_2019-12-22_19-23-19.jpg

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Those are nice , specially as a first attempt do to the size of the bore and magazine it looks like a semi auto grenade launcher.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! My guess is that if it's not an established Intellectual property with a huge following manufacturers consider it a huge risk. I remember BBI gave it a try with their Cy Girl line. That didn't last long.

No. Not from The Expanse. I'm glad Amazon brought the snow back.

Nice! I've always wondered why none of the manufacturers make futuristic weapons.

Is it from The Expanse?

·
Space Monkey
2,314 Posts
Will you eventually be selling these? Consider me interested.:popcorn

And welcome back!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Artoo @TheFlyingMan81

Thanks for the encouragement. Still refining some elements of the prints. I have not considered selling any of these yet. The production cost of 3D resin prints is much higher than injection molded parts. IF anything it would be extremely limited release. More on the way.

·
Sir Lurksalot
665 Posts
Maybe offer to sell the STI files then the purchaser can get the file printed in what ever material they prefer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd rather not put the files in the "wild" by selling them. This is part of a larger project that I'm pretty excited about.

Maybe offer to sell the STI files then the purchaser can get the file printed in what ever material they prefer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Latest updates:

photo_2020-01-02_21-52-56.jpg

photo_2020-01-02_21-53-03.jpg

First test print in Black resin. Ran into some issues with this batch which requires more tweaking. Different materials and materials have their own characteristics and challenges. Can't wait to get my hands on a Form3 - MUCH better print quality by comparison. The tinkering continues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts