One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 122 Posts

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Congrats on what looks to be a fine publication, Ran. Getting this one to the presses must've added a few miles on, eh? Well done.

Ronin Six said:
Yay! I might actually be able to read the text in this one!
Oh, I didn't notice...is it in LARGE TEXT for elderly readers? LOLOLOL

· Zen figure master
1,258 Posts
Thanks guys,

Jess: Thanks, PayPal confirmed your order. The book will be on it's way to you next week.

Romeo: No problem with the anti-spam filter (unless you are a computer LOL), PayPal confirmed your order. The book will be on it's way to you next week too.

PD: LOL... a few miles indeed. It's a book for all of us. Now, when some relative or friend queries about our obsession with mandollies, we can wipe out the big red mandollies book and tell them it's an artform!

cheers
Ran

· Zen figure master
1,258 Posts
A large shipment of books are due out by next mid-week to:

UK
USA
Canada
Germany
Netherlands
Italy
Spain
Australia
Thailand
HongKong
Singapore

Thanks to all for your great support.

Now we all know what to do when someone laughs about our mandollies... slap them on the head with the great, red Mandollies book! :knock :hyper

Ran

· UNDER THE RUCK!
457 Posts
congrats on the publication! the book does look very cool one question but with the shipments, were they to retailers? if so who will be selling the books??

· The Mighty Boosh
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
playa_freak said:
congrats on the publication! the book does look very cool one question but with the shipments, were they to retailers? if so who will be selling the books??
The book can only be ordered directly from Ran. See the first post in this thread for the link to his site which has more about the book and ordering details.

· Zen figure master
1,258 Posts
Well, I have just received enquiries today for a large order from an individual.

Bur whether it's a mass order for a group of collectors/club or whatever, there is no special price reduction to be enjoyed save for shipping.

One thing for sure, you definitely won't find it in the bookstores!

Dave: "herding cats?" How quaint... and visually lovely; but no, life is not perfect but everyone did their best for the book!

Ran

· Zen figure master
1,258 Posts
Hi Hank: The artistes involved were:

Tony Barton
John Richer - Boot25
Lee Dobson - Ali6874
Liu Chi-Chun - Skwerl
Luca Montenovesi - vettius64
Francesco Amodeo - darkner_imperator
Nick Taylor - misterscruff
Ron Escudero - USMCRon
... and yours truly.

If you go to the 1/6th Masterpieces link at the top of the thread and click on it, you'll also be able to see colour photos of the contributors/artistes.

cheers
Ran

· Registered
869 Posts
I am still alive Romedome, just dealing with health issues but it's working itself out. Been to chat a few times.
I was so honored to be asked to participate in my good friend Ran's book. Everyone involved did a spectacular job and Ran, I'm sure worked his ass off, to put it all together. It's a mandoll work of 1/6 Masterpiece Art and I am proud to have been a part of it.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Damn good to hear from you Ron, and that you've got the health issues handled. I need to get my six to chat and do some jawing with you and the others.

· Registered
869 Posts
Good to hear from you too PD. Yeah I think it took about a week for the 1/6 book to get from Singapore here to Utah. But I got it just before Christmas and what a thrill that was. It arrived in perfect condition.
I worked my ass off on the three 1/6 subjects I sent to Ran.
One is the Polish Hussar I completed with horse and all the accrudiments. Another is an ancient abandoned Vietnam temple Diorama with 3 North Vietnamese looking to the sky waiting for that B52 (not shown) to pass by. The third is another Diorama of a Marine pointman encountering an Maylay gate booby trap.
I did them special, for Rans project, and we all vowed to keep them secret for the book.
In fear of dreadful reprisals from the far east, I could not reveal, nor disclose, nor make any comment in passing, about the said project, that may or may not have existed, until now: They don't call him Ransome for nothing. LOL
Maybe see you in fridays chat

Carry on

21 - 40 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.