One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
ransomechua said:
Pas: I would think about 2 weeks but I might be wrong - I guess one has to account for the variables like inclement weather, workers strikes, etc.

Surprisingly shipment to the US was quick as USMCRon would testify.

Ran
I guess one or two weeks is the regular time for items shipped from South-East Asia. Last time I order items in Hong Kong it took about 2 weeks. I don't think strikes would delay transprot too much, except if they last too long or are too important. I guess what delays mostly is the Customs who take more time to check stuff from this region because of huge ammount of counterfeiting items from this part of the world.

Thanks for info, I'll email you very soon!

· Registered
157 Posts
Monkey Depot said:
Too cool. I just ordered 2 copies. One for me and one to smack scale modelers upside the head when they say 1/6th is not a "legitimate" form of modeling.

I have a few pieces by Boot-25 and Francisco in a showcase in the MD shop. They have to be behind glass as even non 1/6ers drool on em.
1/6 hobby is, to my mind, part of the world of modelling just as more classic ones. At my work, I have colleagues that are modellers (military model kits, figurines, toy soldiers and even electric trains). None of them laughed at me when they knew I was a onesixer. 1/6 kitbashes requires as many skills, talent or historic knowledge than other kind of modelling. We look for info in the same kind of websites or books, or we use techniques or tools in common. Only the scale is the difference. Even one of these workmates of mine, who's is a way good modeller, helped me for a repaint and told me when seeing one of my figures that he admires 1/6 kitbash and that he couldn't be good at it!

I think such a book like 1/6 Masterpieces is a good way to show that 1/6 hobby is on its way to become a classic and valuable modelling hobby :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.