One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· The Mighty Boosh
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ransome Chua has pulled off a fantastic coup by getting some of the World's foremost 1/6th modellers together to produce "1/6th Masterpieces", which looks set to become the definitive book on our hobby.

1/6th Masterpieces is a richly varied showcase of photographs from the 1/6th collections of some of the world's foremost enthusiasts. For the first time, the customised and scratchbuilt works of Tony Barton, John Richer - Boot25, Lee Dobson - Ali6874, Liu Chi-Chun - Skwerl, Luca Montenovesi - vettius64, Francesco Amodeo - darkner_imperator, Nick Taylor - misterscruff, Ron Escudero - USMCRon and Ransome Chua are brought together and presented in this fascinating album.

The 1/6th scale figures - many scratchbuilt or customised specially for this book - range from a musketeer of the early 17th century to soldiers of the Napoleonic, Zulu and Crimean War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam and Falklands War.
The book is available only through Ran, full details can be found here: 1/6th Masterpieces. Price is SG$42, which works out to around US$29 - a bargain!

(A big 'thank you' to Ran for giving me the honour of announcing this book.)

· The Mighty Boosh
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
playa_freak said:
congrats on the publication! the book does look very cool one question but with the shipments, were they to retailers? if so who will be selling the books??
The book can only be ordered directly from Ran. See the first post in this thread for the link to his site which has more about the book and ordering details.

· The Mighty Boosh
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
USMCRon said:
........... with 3 North Vietnamese looking to the sky waiting for that B52 (not shown) to pass by.
Well, frankly, if you couldn't be bothered to build a remote control 1/6th B52 for that particular dio then I'm going to cancel my order.

;) :D

· The Mighty Boosh
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
USMCRon said:
ransomechua said:
oh please... don't get Ron started. Knowing him he would build a 1/6 scale B52.

Hmmmm? A 1/6 B52? Well lets see...That would be about 27' long, 31' wide and about 7' tall. With 1/6 scale working Jet engines, 6 of those. Comparable 1/6 total weight empty would weigh about 30,000 pounds. Then add 8,000 pounds of jet fuel to fill the tanks. Hmmmm Yeah that could be done, no problem, if you were Bill Gates. I bet somebody out there has built one. LOL Then you'd still need a 1/6 crew probably with scratch built uniforms and gear.
Yeah I could do it but I would need a few donations to get it started probably about 3 million to start with, to rent a hanger. Of course there would be the standard additional override costs and unforseen charges which would more than quaddroople then double the original cost estimates... say 1 Billion ought to be enough. But that's a good plan Actionman.
:lol :lol :lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.