One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ransome Chua has pulled off a fantastic coup by getting some of the World's foremost 1/6th modellers together to produce "1/6th Masterpieces", which looks set to become the definitive book on our hobby.

1/6th Masterpieces is a richly varied showcase of photographs from the 1/6th collections of some of the world's foremost enthusiasts. For the first time, the customised and scratchbuilt works of Tony Barton, John Richer - Boot25, Lee Dobson - Ali6874, Liu Chi-Chun - Skwerl, Luca Montenovesi - vettius64, Francesco Amodeo - darkner_imperator, Nick Taylor - misterscruff, Ron Escudero - USMCRon and Ransome Chua are brought together and presented in this fascinating album.

The 1/6th scale figures - many scratchbuilt or customised specially for this book - range from a musketeer of the early 17th century to soldiers of the Napoleonic, Zulu and Crimean War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam and Falklands War.
The book is available only through Ran, full details can be found here: 1/6th Masterpieces. Price is SG$42, which works out to around US$29 - a bargain!

(A big 'thank you' to Ran for giving me the honour of announcing this book.)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Saw a sample of this book at the local toy store,
the contents are well worth every cent!

Will get a copy when it is available to the masses!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
ive got to find that book. it looks awesome

·
Blessed with Laziness
515 Posts
Had a browse thru a sample copy and it is definitely worth buying. Being able to read it is definitely a big plus! Some of the figures have been seen in the various forums while some are new. Being in printed form, you get to see some details that are easily missed in online pictures.

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
It looks great, though - as as a sci-fi and fantasy fan - it looks like I'm going to have to wait for a follow up book to get my favorite subject matter included... :(

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Many thanks gentlemen,

It was so hard keeping quiet on this project and 'playing dead'; in other forums HAVING to miss out on the many competitions since then... not that I think I have any chance of winning now, seeing the extremely high standards of winning entries in recent competitions!

It's unfortunate that many other talented individuals we all know could not be invited due to constraints; but I think my personal heroes are in the book and for now, I am satisfied.

So, here's one for posterity, eh?

cheers
Ran :thumb

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Right On Ran! :thumb :thumb :thumb
Will have to order it - haven't seen any samples outside of what I saw at the website but if it's commanded by Ran, then I believe the hill of opportunity will be overrun with an elite squad of quality and brilliancy!

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Just sent emails to the email address shown on the website ([email protected]) and another one of Ran's I have. The gmail one came back with permanent fatal errors.

Ransome, your pacific.net address does work but no reply from you yet. Did you at least get that one? I would like to order.

Cheers, my friend :)

·
Zen figure master
1,204 Posts
Hi Rome and guys,

Apologies about the Gmail badlink. Have got rid of it on the 1/6 Masterpiece website.

The process is now more streamlined:

Payment is by PayPal to my PayPal email address: [email protected]

cheers
Ran

·
Registered
159 Posts
This book looks nice! I should give the reference in the link section of my article about military and historic action figures ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had a chance to thumb through the book pre-released and it is beautiful -- large, crisp and clear photos of fantastic bashes (mostly pre-modern eras). Not a step-by-step "how-to" book, rather a one of a kind pictorial in fitting tribute to our hobby and some of the craft masters that we see here at OSW everyday. Though the book focuses on pre-modern era figures (I collect modern), I could still appreciate and admire every one -- historically, artistically and practically (for techniques, details, weathering etc.).

Grand kudos to Ransome for his vision and efforts in bringing this book to us! :thumb

Volume 2, when???? ;)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts