One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Oh, that is just too cool! The Scopedog has always been on of my favorite mecha designs. I have a feeling I'll never actually own one of these but damn, it is sweet.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean about price. I've been watching this site since I first found it in Dengeki Hobby Mag. I figure even though I have been pinching a few bucks back for this it will end up being like my quest for a 1/6th Maschinen krieger. They only come up for sale when I'm broke.
Oh well just reminds me to get off my behind and keep working on my own Mech.
Paul

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, I've been watching that site too. It was posted here a while ago, but a refresher is always good.

I'm hoping to get one myself. Unfortunately I think the price tag will be in the four digit zone.

John

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice to see this again, I forgot all about it! I love Votoms, but not into the thousands of dollars... I'm pleased with my 1/48 scale Scopedog. I was also pleased years ago when I first saw Votoms and discovered that all the mechs are named "dog," or variations on animals of some type. Every time I hear or see "Brutish Dog" or "Scopedog" I laugh.

I'll save those big duckets for my everpresent Captain Harlock / Galaxy Express 999 addictions.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
This is seriously amazing, I would own one in a heartbeat. Since I don't have kids, maybe the wife and I could adopt one, it's probably the size of a child! No College Fund For You!!!!!! My parents could have a robot grandchild. Seriously though, who is actually going to be able to afford this? :confused:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When this was first popping up...(early last year, maybe?) the thought was something like $3K....Haven't seen any updates.
I can't see a whole lot of people paying that kind of money for one of these. Really think about, there isn't a whole of a lot more work or material in one of there than say an injection molded tool box that would sell for a few hundred dollars.
And by the way, even at 3K it would still be cheaper than any of my kids and a heck of a lot quieter. ;)

Paul

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Except an injection molded tool box will easily sell in a variety of hardware and department stores to a much wider group of buyers.

This I think needs to be looked at as a piece of art. And as cool as this piece of art is 3K is more then I would spend.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't see a lot of folks outside of Japan paying that kind of dough (plus shipping!) for it.

I have to disagree though, I think there's a ton more work in that than creating/molding a toolbox. Lots more separate parts, moving parts, metal joints, hand casting FRP in FRP molds...even the designing and engineering of all of that is right off the scale. It's also much more along the lines of a garage toy/display model [lovingly made by crazy enthusiasts] with small production numbers (I'm guessing) so there's probably not going to be much product to spread those costs over. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be cheaper, but I don't think it could be and I really don't hold out the hope that it will be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts