One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of making a custom figure inspired from Deadwood TV series. No problem for me to find guns, rigs, boots. However, I don't know where to find civil clothes of that era (US West gold rush, 1876). I don't want to make a cowboy-style figure but a figure with smart clothes (frock coat, tie etc). For those who know Deadwood series, I'd like to make a figure related to the main character who's Seth Bullock. Any ideas about where I could find clothes of these era and style?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I looked up what Seth Bullock looks like, and, depending on whether or not it could be dyed (I don't know if it could or not), this looks like it might help (I have no idea of the quality, though). That seller has other long coats, but his black one is double-breasted and doesn't appear to include a vest. I've also looked at Toy Presidents for period clothing (Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant, specifically), but I don't know how practical that'd be for you to buy and have shipped to France. I've heard the quality of the Toy Presidents stuff is pretty good, but I don't have any myself.

Good luck! :thumb

·
1:6 Neurotic
289 Posts
Salut Pascal,
you can also find some cowboy stuff at Good Stuff to Go in the Project ARE folder. They have fedora hats (beware they're a bit on the large side) and overcoats that could match with your requests. The black hat is the one I used on my Gavin.

I also found nice pants for old west era at Urban Samurai in the Civilian Accessories Section (the 3 DID brown pants particularly.

Hope this helps.
Good luck mon gars. ;-)

Sylvain

·
Top Shelf & to the Front
868 Posts
You might also look over at CircleHome.com. Check out the misc. section. Larry has some great items.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you all very much for your help! :) - if others got further more info to share with me, you're welcome :)

For guns and rigs, I may order gear at Stevo's Toys . Stevo got leather rigs and metal cast guns that should be the closest to the ones I'd like for my figure project. I'd like to make my figure look like Seth Bullock in his suit dress wearing his gun rig. Stevo's also got hats in his catalog, but I should have a look to those provided by Project ARE too before making my choice. For boots, I guess New Line Miniature makes ery good looking items. Anyways, I got time before starting this bash, just looking around for the moment.

@ Sylvain (Private Mc LEOD) : your figures are fantastic, and I really like the cowboy one! I've already looked at your website many times to take tips and ideas. Keep up the good job :thumb

Thansk again guys for all the links! :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have the first suit Staggerly mentions and it is of excellent quality. Here is an auction with a starting price of $2.99 USD and for some reason no one usually bids on them so you might get a better price than 5 pounds. I am almost certain they would take a black dye. i have also ordered from Stevo and his pieces are genuine works of art. You can buy from him with complete confidence that you will be more than happy with the results
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Action-Figure-BBI-Brown-Suit-Clothes-Pants-Jacket_W0QQitemZ320171803969QQihZ011QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again guys for your help and cool links. I think I should look around over and over again until I find clothes that would match with what I've got in mind. I guess the toughest thing to find should be the suit jacket. In the time of Deadwood, men used to wear, for elegant full dresses, kinda long jackets / frock coats not as much opened on front as nowadays jackets. I'm sorry for my poor description, English isn't my natvie language and I'm not that keen on clothing right words! Hope you guess what I mean. Whatever, if I ever can't find the right jacket, I may adapt one or maybe I'll just leave the figure without one, in a kind of 'indoor' outfit (with shirt and vest).

So I keep searching and any new ideas are welcome of course! ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Battle Gear Toys provide good quality loose indeed, and Monkey Depot is surely one of my favorite stores : nice prices, fast shipment, and good communication with customers. Once they forgot an item in the pack I ordered, I emailed them to report about it and they apologized and sent me the missing item the same day, with sipment fees for them.

The link to the ebay shop looks fine to me, and there is the kind of suit that would match the best with what I've got in mind. The prices are very low indeed.

Thanks gents for your help! :) :thumb

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stevostoys said:
Look for Jimmy Meservey on this forum, he makes the finest western
clothes I have seen.

Stevo
toylion said:
Jimmy otherwise known as Hondo.
Thanks for the tip mates. I'm going to send a PM to Hondo then. :thumb

·
KitMCarson
7 Posts
Hi all,

I'm thinking of making a custom figure inspired from Deadwood TV series. No problem for me to find guns, rigs, boots. However, I don't know where to find civil clothes of that era (US West gold rush, 1876). I don't want to make a cowboy-style figure but a figure with smart clothes (frock coat, tie etc). For those who know Deadwood series, I'd like to make a figure related to the main character who's Seth Bullock. Any ideas about where I could find clothes of these era and style?

Thanks for your help!
I make all types of clothing for the 1/6 Phicen/TB League figures, and I do custom work, as well. If you can provide pictures of what you need, we can discuss via email and I can give you a quote. [email protected]. For an idea of my work, please go to Ebay and search “Phicen Phasion by McGuire” - Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
Amy Jones at ajclothiers.com makes great looking clothing in 1:6 scale for most figures. Western, Medieval, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts