One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, ive been working on an original figure for a while now, and im still in need of a few parts. i thought maybe you guys might have a better idea of where to find them.

Im still looking for a well-tailored black waistcoat/vest, sort of like these:

Im also searching for a good black leather trenchcoat, but this is a bit more specific. id really like to try and find one with the extra little bit of material that drapes the shoulders, just like the coat in these pics has:

And finally, I need a pair of long black dress socks like those someone would wear with a suit.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
21st released a full length black trench coat years ago with one of the "Terrorist" figures from their Villians line. However, it does not have the cape that you want. What you're looking for is more like a duster-style coat. Perhaps a western figure maker may have something like that. The waistcoat/vest has been released with various figures, usually as part of a complete suit. You might want to search Ebay or Amazon for the Talking Presidents figures. They came with decent suits, some with vest, that you could use. I'm sure there are others who make such vest, but I'm not as familiar with them. Triad makes a long, Matrix-style trench coat and other civi wear. You can check them out here.

As an alternative, Mattel has released some versions of Barbie's Ken in formal wear, like tuxedos and such. You might want to try that avenue also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might also try http://battlegeartoys.com/, in their western section. I think they have the type of coat you're looking for -- not leather, unfortunately, but that style -- as well as a number of waistcoats.

Hope that helps...
haha ya someone else already showed me that site. thank you though. i may end up getting one of those coats if all else fails, but id like to find a different waistcoat, i dont really like the ones they have available on there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My pleasure. Another thought occurs for the waistcoat -- some of the Sideshow figures wearing them, maybe some of the James Bond figs. You might find them parted out some place.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check ebay and search for - hot toys James Dean.
thanks, that might work, im not a fan of the white strings hanging off but if worse comes to worse i may end up picking that up.

My pleasure. Another thought occurs for the waistcoat -- some of the Sideshow figures wearing them, maybe some of the James Bond figs. You might find them parted out some place.
i wasnt able to find any bond figs with a black waistcoat, but thanks anyway.

21st C made a pair of long black socks with their USMC drill Sgt set:

http://www.toysnswords.com/mm5/merc...de=EM3876&Product_Code=31100&Category_Code=29
awesome, i actually just managed to find a set of black socks by themselves yesterday, but thanks a lot for tryin to help me out anyway.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The SS Van Helsing had a trenchcoat that was pretty close to what you've specified. There might still be one out there that someone parted out. The Jakks Pacific Van Helsing 12 inch fig also had one (brown) that could be easily dyed black (vinyl or leather dye: hobby & sewing stores). That's probably an easier one to get a hold of. Put a request in "wanted" and check through "trade" sections in OSW.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, thanks for all your suggestions, everyone. until im able to get a commission going or i feel like taking the time to dye a coat from somewhere, im just going to use a different coat as a placeholder for now.

so would anyone happen to have any more advice as to finding a good waistcoat? i should clarify that i just want one in that style, it doesnt need that fancy black design on it. basically im looking for the kind of waistcoat that the hot toys joker came with, but in black instead of green.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/FC006-1-6-BBI-E...ryZ27294QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How is this? You'd have to buy the whole suit but the vest is very nice. I have some of these Talking Presidents' suits and they are very nice. And I have purchased from Minibarbie and been very satisfied with the service.
oh duh! i feel so dumb. i only ever searched for waistcoats or vests. i never thought to look for a full suit. that looks perfect! thank you so much. id rather only one row of buttons but i cant be too picky. i think thats definitely what ill be getting. thanks again for the suggestion!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh i never noticed that. thanks for the link, i already bought the other suit but i think ill get this too since its pretty cheap and i can compare which i like more. thanks again!

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey everyone, ive been working on an original figure for a while now, and im still in need of a few parts. i thought maybe you guys might have a better idea of where to find them.

Im still looking for a well-tailored black waistcoat/vest, sort of like these:

Im also searching for a good black leather trenchcoat, but this is a bit more specific. id really like to try and find one with the extra little bit of material that drapes the shoulders, just like the coat in these pics has:

And finally, I need a pair of long black dress socks like those someone would wear with a suit.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Try Amy at ajclothiers.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts