One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now and she's more or less complete now. :D I still need to make the tack and of course, make a proper start on Skara, the rider, but this is where I am at the moment with her loyal mount, Inky.

There's loads of photos and info on my blog with a step by step guide on how I made her which can be found here.

'Inky' WIP by Elrenia_Greenleaf, on Flickr

I know she's pretty wonky in places and I'd really like to try making another couple at some point to see if I could improve but she's not bad for less than a fortnight's work really. :)

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
You know, that's a pretty good looking horse.

Way to go.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! I'm studying modelmaking at college and stopmotion is something I'd absolutely love to be involved with! I'd kill to work for Aardman...
If I have time this summer I'd love to have a go at doing my own short film or similar.

As far as seeing my Skara in action however, alas, I'm playing on PS3 and have no capture card so it'd have to be a crappy phone video of the screen! XD

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! :D

I just rediscovered some little stopmotion gifs I made with my 1/12th scale Julip horses. They're made from latex with wired legs so they can be posed. (but not made by me I hasten to add!)

The only problem with doing the same kind of thing in 1:6 is that I'd need a lot more space to set up in which I don't really have...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.