·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BY: TBLEAGUE - BRAND: GRAIG WEICH'S BEYONDCOMICS.TV
Item number: PL2017-87
Bar code: 4548 7448 7471 7

Bio:
CLEOTM: Guest starring super model/TV star: "Coco Austin" as CleoTM: Goddess of Seduction
(A.K.A. The REAL Cleopatra).
Using her powers to seduce and gain control over the minds of men, turning them into her slave-like puppets to carry out each of her missions, Cleo has astonishing ancient secret abilities. To conceal her identity, Cleo shape-shifts into any female she so desires to utilize their skills and quench her thirst for ultimate supremacy. She is the ageless warrior entangled in a web of espionage thwarted by an assassin she loves to hate and hates to love named; GEKIDO® who's on the hunt for the RAVEDACTYL®, an ancient alien artifact that possesses a human, Pharrell, as its host, transforming him into an unstoppable weapon that holds the secrets of existence who will encounter the vigilante; CODE NAME: JUSTICE® who fights to discover the truth behind the conspiracies and corruption while the mysterious TRICITYTM uses her bio-tech arm-enhancements to try to destroy the Ravedactyl artifact before it falls into the villainous clutches of SUNDERTM and LORD SHINRYUTM. Cleo must confront each of them in order to piece together the puzzle so that she can extract the elements they each possess by using her Ravedactyl-ScepterTM in order to become the ultimate ruler of the world (once again) before they stop her and time runs out.
CLEO made her debut in BeyondComics.TV 's comic book; GEKIDO #1 at Comic Con, and was featured on countless TV shows with creator Graig Weich (E! Entertainment Television's Ice Loves Coco, AMC's Comic Book Men, The Howard Stern 100 News, 20/20 ABC News, The Huffington Post, Fox, CNBC and VH1). Cleo is created by both writer/producer; Brandon Wilson and artist/writer/CEO; Graig Weich (poster artist for Spawn #30 - Image Comics & HBO sponsored UAS award winner).
BeyondComics.TV with TBLeague is proud to bring you the very 1[SUP]st[/SUP] ever licensed Cleo 1/6[SUP]th[/SUP] scale (12") action figure doll, utilizing cutting-edge, seamless synthetic-skin technology with a steel skeletal inner-frame allowing for 28 points of posable articulation!
Part List Includes:
1) 1 x head sculpt (with synthetic hair) with comic book style-version of Coco as Cleo
2) 1 x TBLeague female seamless body with stainless steel armature
(Posable body with 28 points of articulation) and with removable feet
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x one-piece armored bra and cloth lingerie-style costume
5) 2 x ornamental sleeves
6) 1 pair x shoes
7) 1 x cloth cape
8) 1 x jeweled belt
9) 1 x armored neck collar
10) 1 x crown
11) 2 x snake-shaped arm bands (for upper arms)
12) 2 sets x arm bracelets for lower arms (8pcs/set, two sets in two bags)
13) 6 x leg bracelets for ankles
14) 1 x scepter
15) 2 x Egyptian dogs
16) 1 x throne chair
17) 1 x cushion for throne chair
18) 4-color packaging
19) 1 x comic book: GEKIDO #1 (Cover: B) Full color, 44 pages - Exclusive Limited Edition Collectors series)
20) 2 x posters double-sided (Exclusive Limited Edition Collectors series)

The box is pretty big, as you can compare it with a standard hardisk. This is an Exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Series, so a base is included, hence the big size and heavy weight. Not too friendly with the shipping charges.

2 x posters double-sided and a magazine was included with this version. I regret to tell you that there was no menu, and hence some of the errors i made during the assembly of the figure.
As you can see, the base consist of a Throne chair, 2 Egyptian dogs, and a scepter. Very nicely packaged. There is however a small problem with one of the dogs, which i will discuss later.
Now the main box cover, front and sides. I could use the back (which is completely black) as a background for photoshoots.

Back of the box.

The contents of the main box. As you can expect from Phicen, the parts are quite well protected. The cape and the sleeves are located at the bottom of the box.

Now comes the main body. PLLB2017-S20A i believed, big bust with white tone skin. The main costume already put on, so should be a breeze to put on the ornaments, right?

The costume can be taken off, simply by bending the body. However, to my horror, as you can see from this picture, the bras already created some marks on the chest! I understood that tpe's marks will disappear over time, but with the hard bra on, no choice i guess.

Now, the first thing i did was to put on the sleeves onto the arm, both arms. There is a hole to each sleeve where it meets the hand. The small little hole was designed to allow a finger to pass through. Very pleasing to the eye when completed, however not easy to do, as the hole is so small, and the finger is also small. Unless you got smaller hands or use a tool, this alone will take you some time.
After i successfully put on both sleeves with the fingers in place, i checked the picture of the cover, and was shocked to discover that i had forgotten to put on the rings on her arms! I have to remove both sleeves again, together with the hands.
There are 3 packets of rings found from the main box. A set of 8 rings for each arm, and 3 rings each for the ankle. The ankle was easy, as all i need to do is to remove the feet to slide 3 rings in. I loved it as the joints are covered.
As for the arm rings, do i have to start all over again?! Luckily, i didn't remove the finger from the sleeves. All i did was to slide in the rings one by one onto the sleeve, and then put the sleeves onto the arms. Some hassle, but finally done.
As you can see from the picture above, i recommended an arrangement of the rings before you put them on. The rings sizes are different, so the smaller ones should be at the end of the arm.
The top part of this picture showed a snake-designed arm band for each arm. If you forgot to put it on before you manage the rings, have no fear, as the snake-band can be put on without going thru the whole arm.
The center portion featured a neck collar and a head band. Of course you should put the neck collar in before you attach the head, but there is something you should do first. I'll discuss that later. The head band has no opening, so you just has to adjust it in to fit the head. It did go nicely.
The bottom part of the picture...OH MY GOSH! This jeweled belt is the reason why i took 1.5hrs of my time to finally fix up the whole figure! During the handling of the the belt, becoz the hook was so small, i loose both ends several times during the attempts of putting it onto the waist of the figure. Then, to my dismay, the chains of one side got messed up! After a few adjustment, i could leave it as it is, but the chains aren't in the original positions. So i have began the difficult process of fixing the belt, putting on my reading glasses and using strong lights with a pincer. Whew! don't say i didn't warn you!
This is how it looked like when i finally fixed the belt and successfully wear it on the figure.
Put on the cape before the neck collar. Once again, very small hooks and even smaller holes. Look for 2 tiny white flab of cloth to hook up.

Finally, the figure is ready! Do Egyptian princess wear like this? Or the Queen?
A pretty nice head sculpt if you ask me. Finally, not an asian look, but more of a western look, or Egyptian? Blonde rooted hair was used, need to comb abit before putting on the head band, or it wouldn't look good.
Let's take a look at the base. Firstly, the Throne chair. A cushion is also included. The last picture may displayed a patch of white color, but it is the light that caused it. Nice chair, Egyptian style.

2 dogs, known as the Pharaoh Hound I believed was included in this version. The first picture showed the base of one of the dogs. But i believed it was either due to packaging or manufacture fault, detached out from the dog. A small problem thou, as it is easy to put back.

The scepter. Front and back design.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
She looks great if all you want to do is pose her and then display her. For what I would do with her the asking price was too much. Although a okay head sculpt not one I will attempt to get. Thanks for the review.....

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Thank you for the detailed review and all the informative photos. I agree that she looks great, and I suppose she is faithful enough to the comic book source material she is based on (with which I am not familiar).
But I cannot help but cringe at the promotional material's description of her as the "Real" Cleopatra, when she is everything other than that. There is nothing Egyptian about the figure itself, which might not be a problem since "The" Cleopatra was the product of three centuries of Greek dynastic inbreeding, but there is nothing Greek about the figure either. The Egyptian stuff is limited to the dogs (or jackals) and the unconvincing hieroglyphs that adorn their bases and the back of the throne. The strange one-legged lions that adorn the front of the throne look Greek. While the imagery is beautiful, the complete gap between this and what it purports to be, not to mention the price, kept me from getting it. But thanks to your review, I get to enjoy it vicariously.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I'm trying to figure out whether a) this is the first time that a P/TBL sculpt actually resembled the real person, or if b) Coco Austin's plastic surgery makes her look like a Phicen sculpt in real life.

I think DFC is totally right about Graig Weich (which is objectively verifiable) but "wrong" in carrying that negative over to the figure, though of course that's totally subjective. For the record, there's no "real" comic book character here -- it was just a setup for an episode of Ice & Coco's TV show -- and Graig Weich's comic book creator resume is, no kidding, one fan art sketch, published at the back of Spawn 22 years ago. Set that aside. Set aside also the goofyness of the Egyptian theme and its total lack of any historicity, or any ethnicities discordance. It's still a figure that I like and find fun purely on its own pin-up art terms. Personal preferences aside it may be P/TBL's most successful sculpt yet.

The review is excellent and the photos showed me everything in detail that I wanted to know.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
BACK TO TOPIC . . .

The figure based on brassco's photos/review really does look worthwhile, but I look at how the outfit leaves an indentation/mark on the body as seen in one of the photos. The indentation looks very obvious if one takes off the outfit.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
BACK TO TOPIC . . .

The figure based on brassco's photos/review really does look worthwhile, but I look at how the outfit leaves an indentation/mark on the body as seen in one of the photos. The indentation looks very obvious if one takes off the outfit.
Not to be cute, but it actually still looks realistically like the temporary bruise/indentation that you might see on a real breast if someone had to wear a metal bra for a long time.

·
12,956 Posts
Not to be cute, but it actually still looks realistically like the temporary bruise/indentation that you might see on a real breast if someone had to wear a metal bra for a long time.
--

Could be, but considering the cost of that figure . . . collectors like us would be put off if such a blemish to a body is permanent or worse in terms of possible skin abrasion, etc. that would more severe compared to just color leeching from a poor quality fabric.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
--

Could be, but considering the cost of that figure . . . collectors like us would be put off if such a blemish to a body is permanent or worse in terms of possible skin abrasion, etc. that would more severe compared to just color leeching from a poor quality fabric.
I suspect the dents would be temporary, but at worst, they're no different than the scars Red Sonja v. 2 has on her body by design.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Technically those are not dogs, they're jackals. I'm not correcting the OP, it's the original product description that got it wrong in the first place. Really technically, Egyptian jackals (portrayed exactly as these) weren't jackals at all but apparently a member of the wolf family
: Egyptian jackal is actually ancient wolf

And what's going on with those lions? I know nothing here is remotely historical, but at least there's some internal stylistic consistency to everything except for the lions. They're practically photorealistic, while an ancient Egyptian lion statue would look like this: 400 Bad Request (<-- this Wikipedia link does work).

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don’t know anything about the comic and haven’t followed Coco, so I’m viewing this figure based on its own artistic merits. Agree that all the Egyptian motifs are muddled. Agree with DCF about the recent omnipresence of the annoying creator. Just the fists up photo on the box is enough to put me off LOL.

The head sculpt itself is striking and different (as is the subject model). Her jawline is verging on masculine, so this cold be put to good use when bashing as being distinctive. This makes it a curious piece.

I’d certainly pick up the head sculpt by itself parted out. Little interest in the plastic accoutrements.

·
12,956 Posts
I wonder If they will recycle this set to make Purgatori? It will go great with Lady Death. The gear and display looks as though it can be reused.
--

I wouldn't put it past them and it makes sense business wise to recycle (i.e. save $ for themselves while still charging the same or more to us).

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
--

I wouldn't put it past them and it makes sense business wise to recycle (i.e. save $ for themselves while still charging the same or more to us).
Unless (and I'm not trying to set you off, I agree with you) Graig Weich, or the licensing arm of Coco/Ice T, or both, assert that TBL can't recycle something made under their Cleo license for outside purposes, and I wouldn't put that past them.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts