One Sixth Junkie
Modern Military mostly
6,338 Posts

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Dave! :)

EDIT: I just found the BBI Japanese officer figure on eBay, and it comes with a Type 94 Nambu pistol, not a Type 14. 3R made a Type 94 and I already know where I can get one of those. I did see that the BBI Japanese Navy Pilot figure came with a Type 14 Nambu, but the only listing I can find on eBay is asking $350 for the boxed figure!! I also did a search of the forum and came across the thread announcing the H&G Type 14 Nambu-- does anyone know where I could get one of those beauties?

David

G

·
One of the last DML marines came with a Type 14 Nambu. From Dragon: DRF70787 - "Tim Wright" (GSgt) - USMC M1919A4 Machine Gunner, 27th Marine Regiment 5th Marine Division, Iwo Jima 1945

Monkey Depot occasionally parts this one out. I bought a Nambu type 14 there this summer.

ZP

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I believe the bbi Nambu David refers to, came with the rare pilot figure.

A bit of trivia, what American pistol maker used the Nambu as inspiration for his successful semiautomatic pistol?

·
Registered
804 Posts
The best one and the hardest to get is the BBI Type 14 that came with the Japanese Navy Zero Pilot. It comes with a movable rear charging bolt, and also a detailed holster with shoulder sling.

The Type 14 made by Dragon with U.S. Marine 'Tim Wright' is nice too. Except that the magazine is not removable.

21st Century made a Type 14 which was included in one of their mixed Axis Weapons Set series. Not bad, but again the magazine is not removable.

In The Past Toys made one decent Type 14, which was included in the Japanese Army Paratrooper Set. This version has a removable magazine, and it's the only version that actually came with a loop for a lanyard.

Good luck finding them on EBay!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
While I agree that the BBI, H&G, 3R, and DML versions are all fine pieces, the honour of the BEST Nambu has to go to Japanese miniature gunsmith Hiroshi Goto. He has made 2 different versions of the Nambu Type 14 and another of the Baby Nambu. However, with a price tag of around $400 each, these remain the choice of only the most discerning (and wealthy) collectors.

You can see his website HERE (in Japanese).

Baby Nambu

Nambu Type 14 (1st version)

Nambu Type 14 (2nd version)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I know this... Bill Ruger! :)

David
Right! The man had a knack for recreating great firearms, and a sense of tradition.

As beautiful as Hiroshi Goto's miniatures are, and while I will agree that "wealthy" would be a major factor, I'm not sure "discerning" works. Proportionally, a guy would have to either create, or commission a figure worth thousands, just to go with that Nambu.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I thought it is worth mentioning.....although it pales to any of the pieces mentioned and shown here, I do believe Hasbro made the first 1:6 Nambu pistol for the G.I. Joe Action Soldiers of the World series in 1966-67....for the Japanese Imperial Soldier (#8101).

Sorry, no pics.....

·
One Sixth Junkie
Modern Military mostly
6,338 Posts

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Well, as I said, it pales in comparison to any of the pieces mentioned and shown here.....but I do believe it was the first (in 1:6 scale).

·
Hellsing Org. Mercenary
3,290 Posts
While I agree that the BBI, H&G, 3R, and DML versions are all fine pieces, the honour of the BEST Nambu has to go to Japanese miniature gunsmith Hiroshi Goto. He has made 2 different versions of the Nambu Type 14 and another of the Baby Nambu. However, with a price tag of around $400 each, these remain the choice of only the most discerning (and wealthy) collectors.

You can see his website HERE (in Japanese).

Baby Nambu
Awww..... Most of his items are sold out. :brickwall All of his guns are damn epic!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.