One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched high and low for a 1/6 scale forklift and the only things I've been able to dig up were a few youtube videos and some website with discontinued stock

1:6 forklift - YouTube
Ripmax 1/6th scale Forklift - YouTube
Fork Lift Truck Construction Vehicle 1:6 Electric RTR RC Truck

Does anyone have a source where I may be able to procure a 1/6 scale forklift? I don't care about material, design, remote controlled or not, I just need it to be 1/6 scale and at least serviceable.

I thought about perhaps purchasing a 1:8 model and modifying it to scale. This one is on sale right now: Heavy-Duty Forklift 1:8 RTR Electric RC Construction Vehicle. Would this even work?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Re: Forklift Needed

I thought about perhaps purchasing a 1:8 model and modifying it to scale. This one is on sale right now: Heavy-Duty Forklift 1:8 RTR Electric RC Construction Vehicle. Would this even work?
  • Length: 17.25 Inches (44cm) => Reality: 138 Inches (3,5m), should be in 1:6 = 23 Inches (58cm)
  • Width: 6.5 Inches (16,5cm) => Reality: 52 Inches (4,2m), should be in 1:6 = 8.7 Inches (22cm)
  • Height: 12.5 Inches (32cm) => Reality: 100 Inches (2,5m), should be in 1:6 = 16.7 Inches (42cm)

These discrepancies would be not such a problem regarding an animal, but concerning a technical vehicle with a man inside?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Length: 17.25 Inches (44cm) => Reality: 138 Inches (3,5m), should be in 1:6 = 23 Inches (58cm)
  • Width: 6.5 Inches (16,5cm) => Reality: 52 Inches (4,2m), should be in 1:6 = 8.7 Inches (22cm)
  • Height: 12.5 Inches (32cm) => Reality: 100 Inches (2,5m), should be in 1:6 = 16.7 Inches (42cm)

These discrepancies would be not such a problem regarding an animal, but concerning a technical vehicle with a man inside?
I was thinking about cutting off the roof supports and possibly that yellow block on the floor of the cockpit to potentially manipulate enough space to accommodate a 12" figurine. I'm honestly only ever going to use the forklift as a prop, and have no real intention of using it for it's intended purpose; I don't really care for the whole remote control aspect, though the ability actually lift scaled objects with the forks is pretty cool.

I have that forklift, a 12 inch figure fits fine, looks perfect scale, I'd buy it.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for correcting that scimitar and adding the link, theirs also a link at the bottom of this page in the similar threads box that seams to work.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Thanks for correcting that scimitar and adding the link, theirs also a link at the bottom of this page in the similar threads box that seams to work.
I did a bit of experimenting and the images not showing is actually an issue with some browsers not displaying the images for some reason. When I open that thread with IE or Chrome, the images work fine but they don't show when using Edge or Firefox. It's an issue that appeared with certain threads back before the summer started and it still hasn't been completely resolved.

***edit***

I forgot to mention that I did a bit of searching for the Hobby Engine forklift that was pictured in the thread that was previously linked to. That forklift is discontinued but with a bit of searching it can still be found in stock from a few retailers, both here in the US and from abroad. Apparently there were two 1:6 versions of the forklift produced. There is the red one shown in that other thread and a yellow premium version with a much higher price. Prices vary from site to site with the red version (RHE0809 or HE0809) being available from a US retailer for about $130 and the yellow version (RHE0709 or HE0709) being available from the same retailer for about $225. International prices seem to be quite a bit better but I have no idea if all of the retailers ship to the US and how much of an increased cost international shipping would add. It should also be noted that sometimes items that appear to be in stock on internet sites actually aren't available due to sites not updating their inventory count. Below are the links to the retailers that appear to have them in sock if the OP would like to take a look at them. These are the results of a quick Google search and it's possible that more retailers could be found with a more in depth search, possibly using those product numbers.

Red Version

1:6 Hobby Engine Forklift Truck 27.145 MHz - RHE0809
Carson / Hobby Engine Forklift Truck -
Hobby Engine Fork Lift
Hobby Engine Fork Lift

Yellow Version

1:6 Hobby Engine Forklift Truck Premium Label - RHE0709
https://www.stocktonmodeller.co.uk/hobby-engine-premium-fork-lift-truck.ir

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is so helpful, thank you so much. I'll make sure to post pics of the piece I'm working on when I am finished!

Here's mine
I am going to do something similar, but in a different palette.

·
2,052 Posts
That is so helpful, thank you so much. I'll make sure to post pics of the piece I'm working on when I am finished!

I am going to do something similar, but in a different palette.
I'm happy to be of service. Hopefully one of those links will work out for you and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
2,052 Posts
Here's one. It's 13 inches tall, so it should be essentially 1/6 scale. I don't see the link already in this thread. Sorry if I overlooked it. Big RC (Remote Control) Forklift Measures Almost 2 Feet Long
That looks exactly like the 1:10 scale forklifts from Top Race that are available on eBay from a number of different Asian sellers for less than $100 with free shipping. Real forklifts come in different sizes so they could work for 1:6 but they might be a bit cramped. For size comparison, a number of sellers have an image of someone holding one. TrendTimes gives two different sets of dimensions on their site though. The image says L22" x W8" x H13" but the product description gives L20"x W10" x H6". The dimensions in the image are the same as they are in the eBay listings so I think they are by the same manufacturer but the eBay ones are much less expensive. All of them also seem to have TR216 printed on the lift rails and that is listed as the manufacturer's model number for this particular model in some descriptions. The OP might also want to do a YouTube search because there are a number of videos there. Here's one here:

Big RC ForkLift / Crane Review SUPER REALISTIC -1/10 Scale Aluminum Alloy HUINA 1577 - TheRcSaylors - YouTube

Here is the best price for the 1:10 version that I could find on eBay but there are other sellers that are slightly more expensive but with better feedback ratings:

Top Race JUMBO Remote control forklift 13 Inch Tall, 8 Channel Full... 819116020044 | eBay

And here is an even better price for them on Amazon that could work out to a better deal for someone that has an Amazon Prime membership or just wants to get one from a US retailer:

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Race-Fun...88152&sr=1-1&keywords=top+race+jumbo+forklift

There is also an accessory trailer (TR217) that might be of interest for about $27:

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Race-Carrier-Attachment-Forklift/dp/B0743MGBYH

And here is the image I'm talking about:

·
2,052 Posts
I also checked out the 1:8 forklift from HobbyTron mentioned in the original post here and it's a fair bit smaller than the Top Race 1:10 scale forklift. The Top Race forklift also looks much more realistic. Check out the dimensions:

TR: L22" x W8" x H13"

HT: L17.25" x W6.5" x H12.5"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts