One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy New Year. This is an invitation for modern Russian figure enthusiasts to become a member of the private Facebook group 1/6 Ruskie-philes. For a year or so a small number of us have had a private group that communicated through PMs here on OSW. We decided that we needed a place where it was easier to communicate so back in July, Wesley (Daewon_ton) set up a private group on Facebook where we have been discussing modern Russian figures and sharing information and other resources. Through private PM invitations here on OSW our group has grown to 27 members (all from OSW) and it has really turned out to be an excellent way for us to discuss our interests. If you have an interest in modern Russian figures then this is a group that should interest you.

Before I get into how to become a member let me explain a couple of things and our simple rules. Before coming here and starting this thread the topic of an open invitation in the forums was discussed in our group. There were some reservations mostly concerning the possibility of people with only a passing interest in the subject coming in and disrupting the group and diluting the focus of the group. Since this invitation was my idea I'm certainly hoping that that doesn't happen :). We don't have a set of written rules but we do have a couple of simple unwritten rules. Those rules are stay civil and stay on topic. The description of our group says "A group devoted to the love of 1/6 scale Russian and Soviet figures". I need to clarify that just a bit. The focus of the group is strictly post WW2 (Cold War to now) but beside Russian and Soviet figures we also allow discussion of other eastern bloc countries (Warsaw Pact, Balkan wars etc). That means no WW2 figures and no USSF figures at all! We do want new people with an interest in the subject to join the group but it's imperative that they follow those simple rules. Anyone that repeatedly violates the rules will be removed from the group.

On to how to become a member of the group. Since it's an FB group then obviously you have to have an FB account. If you don't have an FB account or have never had much interest in it then please don't let that hold you back. It's easy to set one up and even though FB says you have to use your real name that's not enforced. I already had an account but I set up a second account just for the Russian group. It takes about 5 minutes to set up an account. The group is classified as a secret group on FB. That means that to become a member of the group that you have to be added to the group by someone on your friends list. If you decide that you want to join our group then send me a PM on OSW with your Facebook name and then send a FB friend request to Scimitar Mcmlxv (the name I use there) and I will confirm it and add you to the group as soon as possible.

I'm hoping that some of you will join us on FaceBook. If you're interested in modern Russian figures then it's definitely the place to be. If anyone has questions then please feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Thanks

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
....and we get good rrrrrealllllly good deals on surplus Russian and Warsaw Pact equipment. I have three BMP-2s parked in my driveway. I had to use a U-Store It for the Hind-D.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....and we get good rrrrrealllllly good deals on surplus Russian and Warsaw Pact equipment. I have three BMP-2s parked in my driveway. I had to use a U-Store It for the Hind-D.
LOL, Mike. But yeah, the group is still quite active. Thanks, Tolerancer for reviving this old thread. I just got a PM today and added a new member to the group. If anyone else is interested, then please PM me (here or on FB) and send a friend request and I'll get you hooked up.

BTW, the "stay on topic" rule isn't really strictly enforced and that's a good thing or I would have been kicked out a long time ago. Just ask Mike. Of course, he's just as guilty. < that's an inside joke fellas, so don't be alarmed! :)

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Wow has it really been over 2 years since i joined you commies over there. I really am getting old. Hope I never look as old as Mike though. lol.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow has it really been over 2 years since i joined you commies over there. I really am getting old. Hope I never look as old as Mike though. lol.
Lee, it's actually been over 3 years since you joined. You joined a little less than a month after Wes created the group. BTW, no one looks as old as Mike! :)

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Wow first you make me feel even older by reminding me its actually been 3+ years, then you pick me back up by letting me know that nobody looks as old as Mike, which is ancient anyway you look at it. Keep flirting with me like that and I might fall in love

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, don't fall in love cause I'm already married. As they say in these parts, Mike's "older than dirt". Or to quote a particularly aged Drill Sgt, I remember from basic training, he's been around since "Jesus was a corporal". ;)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
And yet, ironically, all of this age discrimination is being generated by other geriatrics. To be accurate, young JC was just a kid, when I hit my 50s. My pop used to fish with his pop, when they were kids.

Pay no attention to all of the above, it only represents about 35% of the traffic on 1/6 R-ps. The rest of the time we get quite a bit of useful Russian stuff up for viewing. Some good stuff.

.....Kenneth and Lee even help sometimes....

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And yet, ironically, all of this age discrimination is being generated by other geriatrics. To be accurate, young JC was just a kid, when I hit my 50s. My pop used to fish with his pop, when they were kids.

Pay no attention to all of the above, it only represents about 35% of the traffic on 1/6 R-ps. The rest of the time we get quite a bit of useful Russian stuff up for viewing. Some good stuff.

.....Kenneth and Lee even help sometimes....
LOL, it's not that bad at the Russkie-philes. This goes on no more than 25% of the time. But seriously we do get some really excellent 1:6 Russian related discussion done.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Run for your lives pups its all Geritol and pain pills over there. Bwuhahahahahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts