One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would share my project for the night. It took 2 hours to draw up and will add the brass tumbler and weight scale tomorrow evening. Then it's off to Shapeways for printing in the strong white so it has a cast iron look.

Let me know what ya think on a reloading setup for the 1/6 bench?

Not sure on whick brass tumbler yet, but leaning toward a Hornaby...

Thanks for looking guys!

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looking good Cad Rat! Will it be functional or a single piece cast?
Right now it is a single piece here if someone just wants the press, it is only marked up a couple of bucks: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1639504/1-6-scale-reloading-press-gun.html?li=aeTabs

BUT... I will offer it as a kit as soon as I can get the master printed and get the molds made and resin cast them. The full kits will be functional.

Right know I am a little backed up and putting in a lot of CAD time getting a batch of stuff ready.

I still have to make the brass tumbler, scales, cartridge tray and couple cans of powder to complete the set. The set will come primed only with 1000 extra fine primer.

Thanks

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
I thought it was going to be a massive WII dio of Germans launching a Doodlebug V1 rocket! Cool idea though and would look great on a lot of 1/6 work benches!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I do a fair amount of reloading in 1:1 scale.

Out of curiosity, which press did you model yours from? Most of them today tend to have the press body rotated somewhat to allow for easier access for the left hand holding components.

If this is a RCBS RockChucker, it usually comes with a small black plastic tray to catch all the spent primers. RCBS made a much nicer press at one point (A4?) that had the spent primers fall through the center of the ram into a catch bottle.

FWIW, the spent primer handling system on the RockChucker is pretty poor because you just about always end up with some primers on the floor.

Instead of a brass tumbler, how about something that is more necessary: a Powder Measure?

Cool Idea to have it printed!
- Ivan.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do a fair amount of reloading in 1:1 scale.

Out of curiosity, which press did you model yours from? Most of them today tend to have the press body rotated somewhat to allow for easier access for the left hand holding components.

If this is a RCBS RockChucker, it usually comes with a small black plastic tray to catch all the spent primers. RCBS made a much nicer press at one point (A4?) that had the spent primers fall through the center of the ram into a catch bottle.

FWIW, the spent primer handling system on the RockChucker is pretty poor because you just about always end up with some primers on the floor.

Instead of a brass tumbler, how about something that is more necessary: a Powder Measure?

Cool Idea to have it printed!
- Ivan.
Yep it's a RCBS RockChucker, it is model after the one on my 1:1 bench. The primers do fall straight to the floor, I don't even have the tray anymore and have no idea what it looks like.

The other parts will be uploaded late tonight and I will add a powder measure GREAT IDEA) if I find a good pick and some dimensions.

I would make some more modern ones if someone actually had one for dimensioning. It could be a collaberation and would let them purchase at my cost.

Thanks for the input and KooDos'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts