One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you want to go more serious hobby grade RCs heres a couple.

If you have lots of cash and the skills to make your own interior Losi makes a 1/6 Audi R8
Losi: Audi R8 LMS Ultra FIA-GT3 BL RTR AVC: 1/6 AWD: Losi (LOS05003)

And if you want to go off road Axial has the Yeti XL rock racer which they label 1/8 but is actually almost exactly 1/6 size wise. Again, you will need to build your own interior.
Axial Racing - Yeti? XL 1/8th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR

My Yeti XL, really need to start working on the interior.

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
And, that might be as close as you get.

Racing vehicles designed in the 60s (like the Lola) had a funny dropped nose and humped front fenders that haven't been used in many designs since. The Traxxas car is really nice, but kind of pricey.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a few Vehicles. Three Action Man Vehicles, a Max Steel Sports Car, a Chenoweth, an Irwin Jeep, a GI Joe Rhino, & a New Bright PT Cruiser.

All of these were purchased on eBay, & they do come up from time to time. The Action Man Vehicles were all sold in The UK, so unless you can find one on this side of the pond you'll have a BIG shipping charge!

As for RC Vehicles, look for ones which are missing the Charger and/or Controller, which would go for a lower price.

There is another alternative - Papermau! (PAPERMAU) This is a blog of paper models which you can scale up to 1/6 size.

Happy hunting!

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
I wish I could sculpt or afford to have a 3D printed version of my personal car. It would look great in my garage diorama.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think all of the RC vehicles that I have in 1/6th scale are from New Bright (with the exception of the 21st Century HMMWV, 2x Stuart tanks and their underscaled Abrahms). I have their F-150, the Concept Ford Bronco, the Land Rover Discovery, and H2 Hummer. And of course my favorite, the Tyco Dark Knight Tumbler.

I keep meaning to petition New Bright to make more 1/6 RC stuff, they could rule the market with a HMMWV or Land Rover WMIK. They could do a generic cop car to chase the Tumbler and other vehicles or a Toyota truck for all the 3rd world bad guys.

I would really love them to do a line of James Bond vehicles, especially a submarine version of the Lotus Esprit (how cool would that be).

The other thing they would need to do to be successful in this scale is sell direct from the web....the retail stores just will not give up precious shelf space for large items and can only put 1 or 2 on the shelf at a time, making it super hard for customers to get the vehicles they want. Online sales would be by far the best way to sell far more 1/6 vehicles.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

Took these from my gallery here 2008, so my Mini Cooper model year was 2007. The Coop in all its splendor. My Military vehicles are in the basement, the RC are in the garage. I have 2 of that black Hummer that I want to turn it into a PMC vehicle, but never got to do it. During the summer I give them a few laps with my wifey as we stroll the waterfront.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Redleg007, & everyone else, I wonder if there is a place where you can buy
1/6 RC Vehicles which don't work? For instance, does Walmart have a clearance center of some kind for returned vehicles which do not work? Perhaps New Bright has something like that?
:jump4joy

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can try going to garage sales and the like. I picked up a Hasbro jeep for $5.00 a year or so ago. The larger outdoor markets sometimes you can find a vehicle. In some local papers the sellers will list toys.
The finds are become rare with all of the online selling applications. Good luck.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I was at a 'GOODWILL' thrift shop today and a saw a RED colored version of
this car for $5 dollars and thought to myself hmmm...could this be close to 1/6th???
The moment I put it down, someone latched on to it and hauled it away...oh well!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I was at a 'GOODWILL' thrift shop today and a saw a RED colored version of
this car for $5 dollars and thought to myself hmmm...could this be close to 1/6th???
The moment I put it down, someone latched on to it and hauled it away...oh well!

:lol Hey, I got beaten to the punch too, sometimes I want to ask who are you at OSW :lol Ah the red Mini Cooper, I went to every Walmart back then in search of it to no avail, the Beetle I saw but wasn't on sale, waiting and waiting till all were gone. :lol
I grab a barbie to measure if it is on scale, close to scale or not it gives you something to think about.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

From my gallery again, on the Mini, the BBI G3 and HT TT goes in with a bit of challenge. The H3 has no opening doors or any, the H2 was a smaller one with opening doors, hood and trunk which I do not have and I wished I did. I was thinking of figures at that time.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts