One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good source or suggestions for 1/6 radio control vehicles that could be used for dioramas? I've seen some good truck bodies, but they mostly come with oversized tires for offroad use.

I'd love to find some good cars or trucks to use. I have also seen a Mini Cooper (which would be fun to have for nice urban civilian shootout scene) and a Lincoln Navigator, which you could use in for a PMC convoy, but it was way overpriced.

Thoughts are welcome as always. Cheers all.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I second this question - 1/6 vehicles that aren't WW2 tanks are quite rare it seems. I have seen that Mini Cooper which looks awesome with all the details there, but apart from that - not much luck, even if I consider my Google Fu to be strong.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
New Bright put out a bunch of vehicles back in the early 2000's that were pretty close to scale (1/6). If you shopped around you could get them at decent prices.

They can still be found on eBay etc but be prepared to spend $$ for them.

I Personally own the following RC Vehicles:

1x Mini Cooper (British Racing green)
1x PT Cruiser (black and purple)
1x Volks Wagon Bus (think Herbie the Love Bug Bus)
1x Harley V-Rod
1x Harley Fat Boy

owned but sold off:

5 x Mini coopers (red and green ones)
1x Ford Truck with opening doors etc

The problem with them is the cheap RC controls, gears and motors. Which is why hobby grade RC stuff is expensive....

My buddy recently converted a 21C jeep to RC using a power window motor (cost $4. for the motor) and it works great.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've actually been meaning to ask this question for a while too, so I'm hoping someone has some suggestions on here. I've been wanting something big and classic, like a 57 Chevy, forever. I actually picked up the Barbie one thinking I could mod & repaint it, but it 's about 2/3 the size it needs to be, and looks ridiculous. I actually saw something about 15 years or so ago, at Love Saves the Day in NYC, when it was still there. It was an old Chevy convertible, and looked about the right size. It was remote control (not radio controlled, there was a wire from the remote to the car) and was definitely vintage. I think it was about $300, and I was in collage, flat broke, and there was no way I had that to drop at the time. To this day, as I scour ebay for that or something similar, I kick myself for not just finding a way to swing it, as I've never found anything like it again. I'm always hoping to find 1/6 classic cars, and have yet to have any real luck.

·
Registered
392 Posts
When Jesse James the customizer had his tv show on the Discovery Channel back in the early to mid oughts, there was line of 1/6 scale RC vehicles that were released with his name on them. There was a low rider '55 Chevy and a modern Chevy pickup truck. Both were done with a primer finish and had typical Jesse James details-skulls, lightning bolts, chrome wheels. Of course, I didn't buy either one because I knew I would always be able to go back to TRU or Target and pick one up. That never happend, and now 10-12 years later they are nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I should have added I have seen the H2 Hummers pretty regularly on Ebay.

It would be nice to find some 1/6 police cars (I've seen Dodge Chargers, but that would take a lot of reworking), Chevy Suburbans, or best of all Toyota pickup truck bodies. The Toyotas would be great as you could easily work them into "techincals" driven by ISIS, AQ, or Taliban fighters.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, the one other thing I should add ... there is a wider variety of 1/10 and 1/12 diecast cars out there ... especially luxury cars like Aston Martins. If I can figure out how to do some nice perspective photos, that'd be a good way to do a James Bond like picture shoot.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
There were, at one time, several companies that made Jeeps: Hasbro and Soldiers of the World spring to mind.

21st made a Mutt and a Humvee

I have those and am piddling on the Hasbro Jeep now.

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
I have actually though of making my 1:6 U.S. Navy PBR remote controlled.
They have made them work on water, mine will work on land!
Working on how to hide the chassis of a remote control car in the hull.
This way I can show off my fully loaded boat, figures and all at any collector's show, just like the tanks and jeeps!

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,927 Posts
I picked up a lamborghini and porsche for £5 each from a yard sale 2 years back. Busted up though....RC didn't work, (not bothered) but one door missing. Still, they make for great diorama backdrops

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I've always dreamed of owning this SBD Dauntless for my pilot figure. ;)

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
RC

EzTec Ford Ranger
(Brand ?)RC Mercedes Benz G55 AMG
(Brand ?)BMW 5 series blue
New Bright Jeep, Porsche 911, New Beetle, Hummer H3, Hummer H2, Land Rover LR3 (no interior), PT Cruiser
Herbie Fully Loaded Movie, Herbie Beetle, 60's VW Split Window Van
Allegro Hummer H2
Kidz Tech Kawasaki Brute Force 750 RC ATV
Toys R Us (Maroon)/Wal Mart (Blue/Yellow) House Brand Yamaha Raptor ATV
(? Brand) Ford F250
Nylint Jeep

I think there are a few models of Lamborghini, and Ferrari as well. And another neat looking sports car that is a bit small.

Lots of non RC options as well.

·
Lurker Extraordinaire
324 Posts
This would be a sweet ride for any 1/6 figure. Lol

[/URL][/IMG]
It is indeed! I haven't had mine out in a while, but if memory serves, the car is a bit tight on head room, so male figures are a pretty tight fit, but most female figures fit in just great. My only other complaint is that the doors are rigged to a button on the remote and don't have any sort of actual latch. I ended up taking mine apart to remove the door opening mechanism and them embedding magnets in both the door and the frame in order to hold the doors closed

1 - 20 of 51 Posts