·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,276 Posts
WalMart used to sell this a while back ago. Almost bought one but if I remember the reason why I didn't buy it, it was a little underscale. I think it was like 1/7 or 1/8th. Not sure.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer, I'm looking for a utility quad, and RC would be a bonus. I have heard of some utes getting used as haulers, longer range recon type vehicles, and even LMG carriers.

·
Resin in my Blood
662 Posts
this quad i got for the Zombie dio is the nicest ive seen !

it has working chain ,steering and suspension, it would be cool if the company that made this one , made a military version!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am actually trying to get my hands on one or two of these, but they're not cheap. The least expensive one I have found, is from a seller on ebay, but he only ships to the U.S. Or I could buy a whole case lot of these and have 10 of the sitting around gathering dust from a wholesaler in Canada. The Kawasaki KDX220R Mx motorcycle is made by Motormax as well and is as good a quality as this quad, in a motorcycle. Just screams to be turned into a military KLR650.

This is the same one Sir Eaton Flipflop used as his base for that awesome military custom he did, then added that BBI Slick to it.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60739&highlight=Quad

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
From the same page as the mule...

KAWASAKI OFFICIAL * LICENSED * PRODUCT
FULL FUNCTION MOVEMENT
Front & Rear SUSPENSION
Ready-to-Run Power Pack INCLUDED
9.6V Ni-CD Batery & Transformer Included
9V Battery required for controlleris also Included
RUGGED LIKE THE REAL MULE
Color : Dark Green & Black
Heavy Duty Construction
Powerful Motor
Off Road Tires
FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
49 mhz
LARGE RC CATEGORY, SCALE SMALLER THAN 1:6 ABOUT 1:8, BIGGER THAN 1:10
Kawasaki Mule Radio Control Utility Vehicle-Dark Green & Black

So, it's not 1:6.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did read the description of the Mule, I was more curious to know if anyone had seen one, in the 'flesh' so to speak, to see how close it actually was.

That Yamaha Rhino looks pretty good too, just a shade on the small side, but still close enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rhino and Mule

I have one of each. Yes, a bit undersized, but very snappy RC fun. The Kawasaki has nice chair-like seats and the other has a bench. The seats are too high to sit a figure in - - the head stick up through the roll bar! BUT, the Yamaha bench seat can be lowered - - I cut about 1.5" from the base, and the fit is good. I have had figures in it when my kids raced it along - - I think I saw fear in the resin faces! I hope to upload some photos of the mods and the I-made-it-up camo paint pattern. Worth getting if you want to invent a novel fighting platform or want to terrify some rugged Power team passengers.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the helk folks. Much appreciated. Now, the trick is how to get my grubby little paws on one of those Motormax Kawasaki's, and that Yamaha Rhino.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.