1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've seen these at Walmart before, but didn't get a chance to put an action figure next to it. Just eyeballing it, it looked pretty well scaled. Hopefully someone else has more experience with the truck. They also had Hummers in different colors around the same time. Wish I got one.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Size Matters

I checked the specs on the Avalanche and this New Bright comes up a little short...but not much. The real deal is just shy of 20 feet long and a little over 6 feet tall (stock). According to the ebay description, the model is 28 inches long and 12 inches tall. While I can give a little on the length, it appears to be a couple of inches too short, but pretty close in height. Problem is, the model is supposed to have a lift kit and larger than stock tires, meaning it should be taller than stock, but by how much is in question. Perhaps if you use shorter figures (like the bodies of early SSAM) it would appear to scale out closer. Still, it's an awesome ride and looks well made.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking the length and width are OK, but the height could be an issue. The body seems a little squeezed on height, to make room for the electrical gear in the undercarriage. The height overall looks good, but the usable height looks small. That's why I am curious to know if anyone has seen it.

I would totally use this as a PMC vehicle. I would rather have a Toyota truck in white, or a Land Rover Defender(all the others have been made), but this would work if it doesn't require a huge amount of body work.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could do an electrics upgrade to real dedicated RC gear. Kind of like the upgrade to a Futaba controller, and extras, that one of our late members did to his JGSDF machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.