One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has occurred to me that with all of the interest in PMCs, a line of carded clothing sets for PMCs would probably go over pretty well with 1:6 collectors/bashers. Something along the lines of the sets that BBI, DML, Armoury and even the venerable 21C produced in the past. Maybe a 5.11 set consisting of hat, t-shirt, longsleeved shirt, boots and shades. Then another with a North Face or Columbia nylon coat with Fleece liner and civilian cold weather boots and goggles, for example.

It's a lot easier to get kit and weapons to outfit a PMC fig than the civilian clothes for him to wear under the kit, and this kind of accessory would allow guys with "leftover" gear to bash PMCs with stuff from figures they already own, as opposed to buying a whole boxed figure to get clothing items and a couple of unique pieces of kit, and ending up with another M4, M9, drop down holster, desert boots, etc. etc.

I think that if the cost could be kept under $20.00 ea., these could go a long way toward expanding 1:6 PMC teams.

Now, I admit that I'm just the "idea guy" on this and haven't delved into production, shipping and marketing costs, but maybe one of the 1:6 manufacturers who read this board will get a bug in their bonnet and see a need.

What you think guys?

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I think it's a great idea to have a set instead of trolling for the loose items. Really like the cold weather gear idea.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think the arc'teryx leaf line would complement a pmc set really well, besides it could be used on a host of modern military figures usa or foreign oriented.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Right on Steve! It's an idea worthy enough to notify Alan of TOY SOLDIER. He spent the entire weekend with us at last year's WOH. He is very receptive to ideas and is always looking for that perfect idea. In this case, I think this idea is thisclose to being perfect.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I agree. I also would like to see some more TAD Ranger Hoodies, Stealth jackets, Lowa Mountain GTX boots, A PKM, Solstice parka, Granite Tactical gear packs, Maxpedition Fatboy, Garmont T6 boots, Timberline Zambezi knife, and other assorted odds and ends used by PMC's.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right on Steve! It's an idea worthy enough to notify Alan of TOY SOLDIER. He spent the entire weekend with us at last year's WOH. He is very receptive to ideas and is always looking for that perfect idea. In this case, I think this idea is thisclose to being perfect.
Please do bring it up to him Butch. Based on the responses so far, there is definitely interest in this idea. As an added benefit for whoever might produce this, it'll be a good, (relatively) low cost way to get customers through their brands' "doors", and once that realtionship is established, these folks will be more likely to pick that brand when they have the cash to make a larger purchase. Unfortunately, I'll be back over here in early June, so I won't be able to attend WOH '08. We know that the 1:6 manufacturers read this board. I hope that they're paying attention.

·
Im a Picatinny Rail Nut
2,965 Posts
I think a PMC set would rock Steve.O, to add to your idea it would be cool if there were a different long gun in each set to enhance the collectibility factor ie profits for the mfg of these sets. Below are a couple a dream sets I tought would be nice.

Set A
Ball Cap
Fleece
Green Long sleve shirt
5.11 Pants
Addidas Boots
M4 Rifle

Set B
Watch Cap
Green Hoodie
Long Sleeve Shirt
5.11 Pants
Converse Boots
M4 Rifle
M4 Rifle

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
FET Well thought out and presented post.

Obviously manufacturers make more from a boxed set than a carded set, and it is all about the money. Having said that, the fact remains that not everyone has the money to spend on a boxed figure with an improved body that will retain resale/trade value, nor do a lot of people buy the figure with the intention of redistributing the parts. Carded sets do sell, and fill a need.

I don't think that the manufacturer would need to pick "either/or" boxed or carded, as one is designed to complement the other. This really isn't a case of razor/razor blade, as the carded sets aren't necessary to the continued use of the product. This is more along the lines of after-market car accessories which enhance the look/peformance of the original product.

I'm not suggesting "goodwill, helping people out here and there, giving out a little free stuff, sharing tips and ideas, cutting people deals on stuff, etc". I'm talking about a for profit investment on the part of the manufacturers.

As I've already pointed out, in addition to providing a much needed product (and a profit for the company) this is a way to get customers in the door, so when they've saved up the money for the big boxed figure purchase, they're more likely to buy from the manufaturer with whom they already have a satisfied and on-going relationship.

MATT I see your point, but as there are plenty of 1:6 weapons available out there, I think there's more of a need for hard to find clothing items. But, why not?

This is really one of the cooler aspects of this board; the opportunity to take part in an exchange of ideas, and hold that "conversation" in a place where the manufaturers can see it.

Steve O. out, for now.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bumping this up in time for WOH

Hey fellas.

I'm bumping this thread up to get it fresh in peoples' minds as they head out to WOH this weekend (you lucky Mugs!). I'm sure that about a bazillion ideas will be tossed around this weekend, but if this one can find it's way into the mix, maybe one of the 1:6 manufacturers will see it as a viable product.

Safe Travels to all of you guys and I look forward to sharing the fun vicariously through your pics after the fact.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Hey Steve O, I was reading through all the posts and it seems you're over there again, take care of yourself and your buddies and travel safely.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.