One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up the Poison Ivy http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070910a.htm "sixth scale" figure from DCD's 13" line; most collectors know what a crummy figure it is, but I got it for $40, and at that price, am pretty happy with it.

Anyways, this figure comes with no accessories whatsoever, and I plan to equip her with some. I'm already looking at some 1:6 plants and a couple of swords that might work well, including Hot Toys New Goblin's long sword (it's green, so it would work well I think), and even a 1:6 chainsaw, which I thought would be a great weapon for Ivy since chainsaws are used to cut down trees, the thing that pisses her off the most, so I could definitely see her taking such a weapon and turning it on the perpetrators (or Batman).

I can't find any 1:6 long vines or deadly flytrap-looking plants or anything like that, though that would be perfect. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
For 1/6th vines I recommend an arts and crafts store. Much of their fake flowers include stems that often have leaves, thorns and whatnot. They usually have wire running through the middle of them so they can be twisted and hold their shape.

I bet you can get some funky plants stuff in general from there that was intended as a 1:1, but will pass pretty well for an enhance/mutated 1:6 thing.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
While they won't be specifically 1:6 scale, there's a wealth of artificial vines available at any craft store.

Not sure about fake Venus Flytraps. Real ones would be a good option since the ones Ivy always had were giants anyhow, but I believe Venus Flytraps are protected now and not available to sell. I know Pitcher plants are, but it seems I remember our legislative geniuses including flytraps recently (which grow wild in the swaps near where I live).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Bro, Look for old Resident Evil (I think its name was) Ivy figure. It should be right up your alley. Also you can looking into Lord of the Ring Treebeard figures - standard size has some great 1/6 branch-like slightly articulated hands and deluxe size makes a mean looking minion. If you can't find them, I'll dig in my parts bin and see if I have any spares to send you (give me a week or two to do some digging).

Good luck

Paul F.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Your best best is an arts & craft store for "fake"/"imitation" flowers/vines (i.e. do it yourself work).

The majority of the 13" DCD figures were crap, but there were very few . . . very few . . . worthwhile ones.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bro, Look for old Resident Evil (I think its name was) Ivy figure. It should be right up your alley. Also you can looking into Lord of the Ring Treebeard figures - standard size has some great 1/6 branch-like slightly articulated hands and deluxe size makes a mean looking minion. If you can't find them, I'll dig in my parts bin and see if I have any spares to send you (give me a week or two to do some digging).

Good luck

Paul F.
Thanks--let me know what you find!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your best best is an arts & craft store for "fake"/"imitation" flowers/vines (i.e. do it yourself work).

The majority of the 13" DCD figures were crap, but there were very few . . . very few . . . worthwhile ones.
I agree; I have most of the Batman-related ones, and acquired nearly all of them in the $30-$50 range. They're pretty good figures for that price i.m.o. The only ones where I spent more than $50 was $55 for Harley Quinn and $62 for Justice Batman--two of the best of the line and the hardest to come by. The Ledger Joker and Rorschach are probably the best overall.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far I've got two potted plants in 1:6 scale, a green samurai sword, and several vines that haven't arrived yet. will post photo when she's totally decked out. ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I found some stuff I think you would like, give me an email addie to send Phone pics to. You can send the info via PM if you are still interested.

Paul F.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts