One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think I have OCD. I know when it comes to the hobby I do. Anytime I'm anyplace I'm looking for 1:6. "Hey, that pen cap looks like it could maybe make a good plastic tumbler for one of my Joes or Janes..." or, "Those miniature clothes pins are a perfect 1:6. What, I can only buy by the 100? Ok I'll take 200." This is all the time, I think it's starting to worry my GF.

So, going with that theme I thought I would show my latest finds. The Scene-It Game I bought from Bear at 1:6 Depot, my company designed the box art so of course I had to get the miniature. The pay-phone and coffee maker are fridge magnets from the Vegas airport (I'm there every August and February... In case you are looking to get one). The meals came from some blind boxes I found in my local Asian market (at $4.50 a pop I should have bought more). I tried to get a good detailed picture of the BBQ and Wine bottles - the detail in the printing is amazing.

I have no idea (no scratch that), I have to many ideas for this stuff... I think I want to start doing scenes, not from movies or famous battles, just day in the life vignettes.

Thanks for looking at my obsession. :cheers

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for looking.

The food things I think are called Mini Meals - at least that was the only thing it said in English, and I do not read Japanese (wish I did). The detail is flipping amazing - the meats with the BBQ set are raw on one side and seared on the other. The spaghetti w/ meat balls and the salad are separate sculpts from the plates - should have gotten a picture of that.

Right next to the Mini Meals sets were Mini Desserts - not being a fan of sugary confections I took a pass. I may re-think that as the sets not only come with a dessert but also came with serving and mixing tools (spoons, toasters, blenders, mixers, bowls, etc...)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tatuued1 - no all the time. To paraphrase the Tootsi Roll song - whatever it is I think I see, becomes 1:6 to me.

Mike - DOOOO IT! I got that tool box from EperToys and thought, "Wow whatt a sweet deal and only $24." You get almost the same weight in plastic with better details and paint apps for $4.50.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Mike - DOOOO IT! I got that tool box from EperToys and thought, "Wow whatt a sweet deal and only $24." You get almost the same weight in plastic with better details and paint apps for $4.50.
I want that tool box set too, looks great as well, but im definately up for this, thanks for the heads up.
-mike-

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
That's not OCD, it's SIXTH SENSE:grinroll
I like that... What ever it is, YOU are not alone... Tooth pic's are Stakes, Drink umbrella's are VC hats, Nails are spikes for Blade fig, Florist tape binds your knives to the H harness. Plumbing tape repairs and binds everything but pipes... twine string is rope, rub on model decals are tattoo's.... etc etc... I must agree with the Gentle to see things as we see things one must have this 6th sense he reffered to.:p

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
I'm starting to think I have OCD.
This my friend is not OCD, it's a love of the hobby, maybe bordering on the hardcore love some of us have for it where we think "outside the toy box" in a matter of speaking. I have OCD, where everything on my table has to be spaced out perfectly to one another, my figures have to stand a certain distance from each other with the negative spaces between them matching up or I can't go to bed. I can't even let my wife fold my clothes because "she does it wrong". That is OCD! But I digress.....beautiful finds! I still want to get you that 1/6 mailbox! :hyper

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, that it! Thanks.

Ross had sent me a link about it from MWD. I just found the link to get the name.

Cool stuff. I may be going back for more over the weekend... the blind box is a pain, hope I don't end up with the lobster dinner. Rather have another pasta set, be good for a mobster dio.

the second link has the same stuff I just picked up under the name "Fun Meals".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.