One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Plastic+Fabric=Great toy
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hanyang 88 was the Chinese rifle that was used by Chinese National Revolutionary Army during the second Sino-Japanese war. The name derived from the Hanyang Arsenal factory that made this rifle. The rifle had a bayonet attachment to use in close combat after a charge. The original kid from factory No.6 which 2 rifle a set that I took Postman rifle to go through Hanyang 88, coz the shape are close that need to fix some parts to achieve.

Thanks for watching!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Weylen, you're a bloody wizard ! I hope you will be offering these, the rifle is a beauty.

·
Registered
834 Posts
random (noob) question here: what is that white thing that you put on your weapons? is that a sculpting thingamajic or what, and can you easily create ANYTHING with it? How did you made those parts in white??

·
Plastic+Fabric=Great toy
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
random (noob) question here: what is that white thing that you put on your weapons? is that a sculpting thingamajic or what, and can you easily create ANYTHING with it? How did you made those parts in white??
The white parts is the A.B model putty,which is easy to get from model shop. The model putty have variant color from different brand.

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
Fantastic work.

I've always thought the Hanyang 88 was the Mauser 98 or Chiang Kai Shek rifle. It turns out I was wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm actually the photographer/owner of that original Hanyang 88. I keep a ton of images at CandRsenal.com so feel free to use them for modelling. Also, everyone here shouldn't hesitate to email me through the site in the future if they need extra images or scale for something.

While we're discussing the 88, I actually have a nice article on the history of this rifle coming out soon. In the meantime you guys might like to see the demo animation I did release, based on this same rifle: http://i.imgur.com/0239GSr.gif

So I have to ask after seeing this and the MAS 36 you did before, are there any plans to make some extras of this rifle? I'd love to see what it would take to bribe you for a copy. I've always wanted a scale collection of some of my real pieces.

Seriously though, good work! I'm jealous.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts