One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been working on these set a little by little whenever I have time.
There are still areas i wanted to refine, but it's taking too long, so I'm wrapping it up.

Solid Snake
  • Base: Old Konami 1/6 Figure
  • Base Body : Hot Toys Bruce Lee body
  • Head : Modified Hot Toys Snake head
  • Belt and pouches upgrade here and there
  • Detail up on armor, knee pads..etc
  • Boots : Sideshow Deadpool parts + custom

Sniper Wolf
  • Base: Old Konami 1/6 Figure
  • Base Body : Phicen(aka TBLeague)
  • Head: Kumik Female head + Face/Hair Repaint
  • Hands, Boots, Weapon upgrade..etc

MGS_SolidSnake_01B by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_03B by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_02B by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_04B by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_05 by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_07 by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS_SolidSnake_06 by kyewans, on Flickr

Edit: Forgot to comment that His leg holster is place holder... until I find the good one. Any suggestion is welcome

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
Re: 1/6 Metal Gear Solid Custom build - Solid Snake & Sniper Wolf

Very cool. They look really good and you should be happy with them.

·
Registered
232 Posts

Incredible custom work! Very true to the game, down to every bit of detail. These two really bring out the nostalgia of my childhood, the HUD display is also a really nice touch.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nice work! I remember these sets and these are a vast improvement! Hope you will make Revolver Ocelot and the minigun barrel guy as well!
Thanks! I guess you would know what has changed if you've seen the original. I'd like to make at least Minigun dude when the time comes. He was cool in the game.

BTW, I gave up on searching for the holster replacement. All parts I bought ended up too small, so I ended up scratch-building a new one to fit the pistol. Also I decided to improve the knee pad design and sharpen his face a little bit.
Here are the new parts.

And the FIM-92 Stinger I bought from Ebay ended up out of scale and much bigger than it should've been in 1/6. 2nd one I got is also out of scale and too small this time...Oh well...
Here are the pics with Stinger

Some fun with Photoshop

pose-ability is better than original

Also one more pic of Sniper Wolf with Snow Wolf

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adding Another Snake from Metal Gear Solid 4 - Old Snake
-With Medicom RAH as base, I replaced the inner body and cut-out some parts of the sneaking suit.
-Fastened sneaking suit to the body with tiny screws to prevent wonky wrinkles and to get better pose-ability
-Also replaced the head and added parts from Medicom + added mustache
-Replaced his M4 for better detailed version, but salvaged scope from medicom one..

MGS4OldSnakeCustom_R01 by kyewans, on Flickr

MGS4OldSnakeCustom_R03 by kyewans, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Really good idea & execution! I wanted to free up the articulation on my RAH MGS4 Snake too, but I was just going to cut up the suit and glue/putty it back onto the body. So effectively, it would be a body with exposed joints and the suit details stuck to it, similar to how a small scale all plastic figure would look. But the way you chopped yours up makes a lot more sense and keeps more of the seamless look. The screws to hold it in are genius!

Are there cuts underneath/behind the shoulders?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really good idea & execution! I wanted to free up the articulation on my RAH MGS4 Snake too, but I was just going to cut up the suit and glue/putty it back onto the body. So effectively, it would be a body with exposed joints and the suit details stuck to it, similar to how a small scale all plastic figure would look. But the way you chopped yours up makes a lot more sense and keeps more of the seamless look. The screws to hold it in are genius!

Thanks,
I cut out all the under-layer parts except for front shoulder and sleeve - area that doesn't have screw marks in original design and areas that are holding small pieces.
All other parts are cut out.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Its funny, I am attempting this exact custom. I am making my Medicom Snake in a "action figure" style. I have cut down the armour, even discarded some armour bits around the the shoulder and legs. But I will be gluing a grey mesh fabric, then the armour plates on top. The cool thing only the knees will really give away the joints, as the webbing and load bearing gear will cover up most of the around the body joints.

Great customs by the way kyekye. I love the old snake head and tache!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.