One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember some resin kits of rock stars that came with simple but nicely done amps. Anyone have a source for something like this. I'd like to get a bunch of them to stack. Also, seem to recall a few guys making custom 1:6 instruments but not finding any in searches. Any direction appreciated.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Well i know that one exist just to bad i dont remember what site i got it from.:think
Maybe you could search for 1/6 scale marshall guitar amplifier, i think i did and found a site with musical instrument miniatures where that one was.

:hat

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
There is a company called Baby Axe that did some miniature Marshall and Vox amps to go with their model guitars. Curiously the amps were smaller scale than the guitars, the guitars being about 1/5th scale and the amps looking good for 1/6th.

You could also search " miniature guitar amp" on Ebay, that turns up these ;
Miniature Marshall 1960 Tube Guitar Full Stack Amp - Top Quality | eBay
although I cant vouch for their scale, they may be a bit big, but then you can never have a stack that is too big !!

Happy New Year BTW !!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I found a 'Mini Marshall Amplifier' at a Tuesday Morning store a couple of years back. It was a functional amp speaker for an mp3 player/ipod and it had the 'Marshall' logo on the front. It wasn't much - around US$9.99.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts
I remember some resin kits of rock stars that came with simple but nicely done amps. Anyone have a source for something like this. I'd like to get a bunch of them to stack. Also, seem to recall a few guys making custom 1:6 instruments but not finding any in searches. Any direction appreciated.
planning on starting a band?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hello, I am a long time collector but am new to this forum. I have made many band figures, and collected various amps over the years. Do an ebay search on miniature amp, or even playscale amp ("playscale" is 1/6 for people who don't collect 1/6, lol)...then follow the search. I'll post some pics of the stuff I've found as soon as I figure out how. :knock

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
There are some mini amps by famous makers available at the local music store. My local store has a nice little Fender practice amp wouldn't look too out of scale for 1/6th

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Local music store (Long & McQuade) features the following mini amps which cost @ $40-$50 and are "real" amps meant for rehearsal in a small space etc. Among them I have seen the Marshall Full Stack used effectively in 1/6 scale and it's probably the best, also visually the best value. The Marshall Micro Half Amp Stack (available in 3 different designs) is the second best choice: the Amp body/grille itself looks ok, but the knobs on it are out of scale. The Fender Mini Tone and the Fender Mini Deluxe look promising, but in hand they are too big for 1/6 scale.

I passed on all the above because I felt my 1/6 Amp needs were met adequately by the @$10 Desk Speaker kind as shown by djshawno above, and with my Phicen girl below. You will note there are two kinds in the picture. The MyAmp has a better grille and a nice logo, but I haven't come across one lately. The alternative is the "hype" speakers which are generally similar and cost the same, of which there are two in the picture.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
For completeness: if you're going to go with non-working Amps actually made as "toys," look at these.

The one at the right is from EnterBay Elvis.

The combo at the left and centre (speaker and amp) is from a 1/9 McFarlane Kiss Series 4. Though it's made for a 1/9 figure that cost $15, note that it's bigger and better than the one EnterBay made for 1/6 (look at the speaker detail on the back, shown in the second pic). This one is from Gene Simmons, but actually 3 of the Kiss 4 figures had this same Amp/Speaker (except for Criss who had drums too small to use in 1/6).

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Nice amps, knobs a bit large for 1/6th but with a nice figure with a cool guitar would draw your attention from the out of scale knobs. One could pull the knobs off and leave just the control shafts and would look ok

·
Registered
595 Posts
These are customs made by a buddy of mine. I think he just took a screen grab of the front of these amps and printed it in scale for the front.

image hosting over 2mb

These are actual little speakers from an Air Guitar toy:

free image host

These were mentioned in a post above, I believe. Got them from ebay, a seller from overseas called Miniature Guitar Store or something like that:

photo sharing websites

A couple Fender amps, the one in the middle is an actual speaker, the other 2 I don't know what the origin of those is:

host image online

Here's another Vox similar to the stack above, but this is a combo amp with built-in head;

image hosting site over 5mb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts