One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another post that Mr. Greydeath sent me 3 complete Dragon football uniforms even paid the Postage and did it while I was still a newbie. I had nothing to trade and no trade refferences or anyone to vouch for me... I wanted to post these to show him what I did with them... I used them to demonstrate form tackling to my 7 and 8 year old football players a few seasons back..... I Now have the 10 and 11 year olds some of them were with me as 7,8 year olds and they still ask me about my Action figures... My point, Acts of random kindness are far reaching. Two of the kids are now 1:6 hobbiest..

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well thanks a lot pal. You just screwed up any plans I had for the day. Last night while working in the garage I looked over at some of the toys my 5-year old has and repeated to my self (for the hundredth time) how I'll clean the stuff up and hand it over to perhaps someone who can use it more. A couple of items include a (damn cool) almost brand new go-cart, a kick-board that (because he already had one) is almost new and a bunch of other items. I'd like to go into more detail as to the other items (more really cool stuff) but I gotta go. I gotta break out the rags as I got some cleaning to do if I'm gonna get this stuff out to the Red Cross station before dark.

Merry Christmas amigo.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tpa05, Your hearts in the right place. Those who receive those items will be greatful.. Plus as demonstrated here in the group time after time, The good that you do will find its way back to you.. Infact after reading your post, I realize I've got a toy box to go through myself..LOL,LOL

Thanks MK-23, I have a difficult time posing my Breachers and Pointmen but I know a little something about tackling.. Kids today are visual and attention spans are short. The figures were great teaching tools.. I even allowed a few volunteers to pose them in the correct tackling position.. It was a lot of fun... "Form tackeling, Hit with Head up, butt down, Shoulders square, helmet to ball side, wrap and drive through the man..' LOL,LOL.. This concludes today's tutorial.. LOL,LOL Thanks again friend Glad you enjoyed them...

·
Registered
601 Posts
The first thing I looked at when I pulled up the pics was to see how the heads were positioned. I played linebacker and was told (yelled at) to always "look at what you tackle"!!!! Anyway after awhile it becomes habit. Sounds nice until I played Rugby a few years later. I remember two things during my very first practice (1) the ball is always live - so let go of it when you hit the ground (yup got kicked in the head) and (2) DON'T always look at what you tackle (got reminded real quick that ya ain't wearin' a facemask this time).

PS - Got the toys out around 4:30 this afternoon. Makes ya feel pretty good I gotta say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.