One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
is it pricey.. **** yes.. Around a month ago one sold for over $2000. Since then people have been posting bin of $1000-$1500. But the price has slowly come back down to $350 - $550 in auctions. Still that figures isnt even close to justifying the price.. I wouldnt pay over $100 for it.:hat

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Hot Toys is Gold

This is ricockulous! I would be so pissed off at myself if I spent that much on this piece. The armor and clothes are supurb, but the face is ass. Now that there is so much other Aliens stuff, I wish I would have gotten it back when, but now, who cares. Actually, the Power Loader and newer Ripley are the only Aliens pieces worth a damn. For some reason that movie hasn't been translated too well by HT yet. The human likenesses were crap, and though I'm usually alone in this opinion, the Aliens sucked (too organic, not clean enough).

Seeing the prices some of the AVP Preds are going for now, I am thinking of selling off my customized set piece by piece. I could make about 2 grand easy. I'm not quite ready to commit to that yet though. The thought of regretting it and tryinig to reclaim it is a daunting thought, especially since I'm getting my Wolf and PredAlien from SS tomorrow.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I think its a rip off.. How can those people sleep at night selling at these kind of prices??

Personally, i think Hicks is not worth this price at all..

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I think its a rip off.. How can those people sleep at night selling at these kind of prices??

Personally, i think Hicks is not worth this price at all..
You're kidding, right, I'd sleep like a baby. If someone is willing to pay that much so what? No one forces a buyer to pay an outrageous price for something they've "got to have". Besides several of these have been turning up lately all asking various crazy prices but not all of them have sold. Some are relisted several times before they sell if they sell at all. Hey, it's the "global economy", man.

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
Sideshow posted them on their newsletter a week and a half ago as Second Chance item for $85.00. Needless to say, they were gone so fast, they were sold out even before I read the newsletter and I must have read it the first hour it was posted.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
I wish...... Hicks is the only HT Aliens fig I don't have yet. Lets hope the price drops a bit now into the affordable range instead of the astronmical ridiculous prices they have been.

Maybe some dealers got some, and won't rape our wallets when they sell them off. We can hope right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ohhh yeah! these are pricey aliright! i just managed to get my fourth figure fortunatly one of the more expencive ones for only $150 and its taken me quite a while to get the three marines and ripley, mark drake i got cheap though, i ddid see a hot toys Alien warrior sell for just $75 and i stupidly did not pay attention to it until it was too late... agh.. oh well i will try to get the ones from alien and aliens i dont have but its gonna take me years i think... :dizzy

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
ohhh yeah! these are pricey aliright! i just managed to get my fourth figure fortunatly one of the more expencive ones for only $150 and its taken me quite a while to get the three marines and ripley, mark drake i got cheap though, i ddid see a hot toys Alien warrior sell for just $75 and i stupidly did not pay attention to it until it was too late... agh.. oh well i will try to get the ones from alien and aliens i dont have but its gonna take me years i think... :dizzy
I got my Hicks for roughly the same price as a new Hot Toys figure, not so long ago, I personally think the prices people are charging are ridiculous but if people are willing to buy them not much we can do.

I bought a vinyl 1/6 alien of ebay, might be a bit small but, and I have to paint it myself but it was only $20 so will see how it looks when Im finished with it.

·
Banned
339 Posts
I bought them when they first came out and wasn't too impressed even then - the headsculpts are awful and some of the equipment is just wrong...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.