One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
I concur.

Your custom figure is definitely superior compared to HT's version.

I have mixed feelings about HT's version. I believe many who passed on the CAT TOYS head and outfit set are either checking with their preferred 1:6 retailer to see if the set can still be purchased at a reasonable price.

I know who kit bashed their own Harley Quinn using the CAT TOYS set are now trying to sell their kit bash and order the HT version.

There will always be those HT addicts, fanatics, and purists who'll buy the figure for obvious reasons.

The HT version of Harley Quinn does offer a few nuances not found with other interpretations though.

I thought about still buying it, but then again why given the price point (i.e. $200.00 to $250.00)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mean, it's obvious isn't it?

Lots of people want Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, not just Suicide Squad Harley Quinn. The face is going to be what people are willing to pay $200 for. Even if it's not all the way there (hard to tell from a couple of grainy photos), it's significantly closer than any of the other kits I've seen.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That face and expression seem to be dictated by Warner. The playarts figure has the same face

Even the 1:1 for just showing the costume at SDCC has the same open mouth Expession

Hopefully she comes with a second head.

Here is a closeup of the one at SDCC

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Was working on a custom Joker and then remembered this post so thought I'd take the time to fix the broken links from PB for one of my favorite customs.
Happy weekend everyone !

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey Apotheosis, glad to see this thread pop back up! So, I have to ask. You did this custom over a year ago, with decal tattoos on a Phicen body. How have they held up? I was briefly experimenting with decals on seemless bodies, and my results were not promising. But yours looks like they held up reposing repeatedly for your photoshoot, so I'd love to hear anything you've got to say on the subject.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hey Apotheosis, glad to see this thread pop back up! So, I have to ask. You did this custom over a year ago, with decal tattoos on a Phicen body. How have they held up? I was briefly experimenting with decals on seemless bodies, and my results were not promising. But yours looks like they held up reposing repeatedly for your photoshoot, so I'd love to hear anything you've got to say on the subject.
Hey Rev, thanks again for dropping by.
The decals are holding well so far. No falling off issues as yet given how they're water slide decals but most likely will fall off eventually.
I have had good luck with the temporary tattoos which appear to have more stay on power and have been using them off and on.
My advise with anyone using decals would be to avoid placing them at any joint areas (i.e around the knees, elbows, waist) and any areas where you would handle them when posing.

Absolute Great ! Love it ! so much details and amazing Photos !
Thanks Ephiane ! :)

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
This is just.....I mean....it's incredibly.....i'm buying YOU a pizza! Fantastic! Photography is mind bogglingly out of this world! Your figure is better than the entire movie!

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
This is just.....I mean....it's incredibly.....i'm buying YOU a pizza! Fantastic! Photography is mind bogglingly out of this world! Your figure is better than the entire movie!
I must have missed this custom before, but it is totally awesome, as the kids say. Cheers!
Thank you both kindly !

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey Rev, thanks again for dropping by.
The decals are holding well so far. No falling off issues as yet given how they're water slide decals but most likely will fall off eventually.
I have had good luck with the temporary tattoos which appear to have more stay on power and have been using them off and on.
My advise with anyone using decals would be to avoid placing them at any joint areas (i.e around the knees, elbows, waist) and any areas where you would handle them when posing.
Hey Apotheosis, thanks for the info. Really appreciated. I'm glad you had better luck than I did. I tried around areas the didn't get too much movement (chest & bicep) but still ended up with a lot of cracking & peeling right away. I feel like there's no where that doesn't move on a Phicen, since like a real body, all skin kinda stretches and accommodates with movement. But seeing your success, maybe I'll take another shot at it. Being able to do decal tattoos on a seemless body would be huge for me.

And I know I said it the 1st time I saw this, but really, the figure looks fantastic. I agree with the sentiment here that it is definitely the definitive Harley figure. Great work man!

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Hey Apotheosis, thanks for the info. Really appreciated. I'm glad you had better luck than I did. I tried around areas the didn't get too much movement (chest & bicep) but still ended up with a lot of cracking & peeling right away. I feel like there's no where that doesn't move on a Phicen, since like a real body, all skin kinda stretches and accommodates with movement. But seeing your success, maybe I'll take another shot at it. Being able to do decal tattoos on a seemless body would be huge for me.

And I know I said it the 1st time I saw this, but really, the figure looks fantastic. I agree with the sentiment here that it is definitely the definitive Harley figure. Great work man!
Decals and temporary tattoos include traditional model-kit slide decals, kids level temp tats, or more permanent/sophisticated skin ornamentation, and also nail decals. There are new technologies too, such as two-week-permanent tats that are invisible originally and then interact with skin, but they wouldn't probably work on a Phicen. Do they all have a solid top layer subject to cracking, or do some transfers maybe work more like pixels printing? Inquiring minds want to know. I haven't been able to find too much about this potentially interesting subject. P/TBL could probably be successful making its own accessory pack, and they'd know what works best on their skin.

And yes, this is definitely one terrific Harley. Great pictures and clever compositions, too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I found out that DFC passed away because I saw a Cat Toys Harley kit pop up on eBay and it was his :(

I will miss these conversations from back in the day. RIP my friend

I concur.

Your custom figure is definitely superior compared to HT's version.

I have mixed feelings about HT's version. I believe many who passed on the CAT TOYS head and outfit set are either checking with their preferred 1:6 retailer to see if the set can still be purchased at a reasonable price.

I know who kit bashed their own Harley Quinn using the CAT TOYS set are now trying to sell their kit bash and order the HT version.

There will always be those HT addicts, fanatics, and purists who'll buy the figure for obvious reasons.

The HT version of Harley Quinn does offer a few nuances not found with other interpretations though.

I thought about still buying it, but then again why given the price point (i.e. $200.00 to $250.00)?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts