One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings !
Spent a total of 5 weekends slowly working on Ms Quinzel getting her just right and I'm happy with how she turned out.

I had also repainted a MGL with metallic Blues & Reds as an accompaniment for this set. This was an early picture. I added a few more decals during the course of this project.

Added piercings for her ear..added 2 hearts instead of the original 1 she has in the movie.

Other non-movie accurate add-on goodness along with movie tattoos from Bad Mother Tattoos & Decals. :

And here she is folks..in all her mischievous glory.
Good Night baseball bat from Wetoys Studios.

Some edits

Before I bought the awesome Good Night bat from WeToys, I tried to make my own.

Came out okay so I'm keeping them for other future bashes.

That's all folks !
Thanks for dropping by even if this isn't your cuppa tea.
Leo

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
YOU KNOW . . .

This is probably is one of the best "FU" to the HT I've seen in terms of a really doing a character proper justice in 1:6 from an upcoming of which we all know HT's version will in all likelihood be overpriced for what is offered.

Granted, you're simply posting/sharing you labor of love; however, it's an exceptional labor of love.

I can only wonder how further you'll elevate the AF-021 DEAD SOLDIER if you end up procuring one and afterwards posting it next to Harley.

·
12,972 Posts
I don't know if anyone realized this yet, a few of the photos can easily be mistaken for 1:1 instead of 1:6.

Not only was technique and thought put into the figure, it's also evident in the pictures.

I'll post/say this is worthy of a KOTM nomination when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
You did a awesome job with that. i passed on this, due to the head sculpt, but I bought the boots, the belt and when the right head sculpt comes along will bash my own Harley. but I have to hand it to you. you made that figure look awesome. fantastic job .....

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
You made that head sculpt look awesome. wicked job. @DFC I know for whatever reason you Hate Hot toys, but when you look at the price of the set, the phicen body you have almost paid for the hot toys version. if they nail the actress that playing Harley in the movie likeness it will be worth the price of the figures. I personally can't wait to see Hot Toys version, that's if they even do one. this might be the closest we will get.

·
SPQR
837 Posts
It's been a whole lot of fun following your progress on this one.Great to see her finally revealed in all her glory.So much detail,so much attention to detail,so much of everything good about this Hobby.
You deserve all the accolades you get mate.

·
12,972 Posts
@DFC I know for whatever reason you Hate Hot toys, but when you look at the price of the set, the phicen body you have almost paid for the hot toys version. if they nail the actress that playing Harley in the movie likeness it will be worth the price of the figures. I personally can't wait to see Hot Toys version, that's if they even do one. this might be the closest we will get.
--

My disdain for HOT TOYS in general is due to their absolute ignorance of their quality control problems and customer response/support given what they price for their products along with their "we're the absolute best in the 1:6 hobby" attitude and those who blindly show their loyalty and support behind them in a very misguided manner that is clearly evident online.

I post/say this based on my personal similar experiences.

I will acknowledge that HOT TOYS is the standard within the 1:6 hobby overall given their overall quality, presence, and reputation.

For what I paid to have my own Harley figure, it's still less than the supposed HOT TOYS version's MSRP ($199.99 through $249.99). My Harley figure's only lack of is accessories (i.e. baseball bat and some other possible items).

I prefer the version by apotheosis for a variety of reasons, but primarily that he took the effort and time to truly customize a character and bring it to life through his own creativity, skills, and perseverance as a 1:6 collector/hobbyist.

It's no different than how some of us who regularly customize and kit bash manage to craft a 1:6 figure that one can truly feel a sense of accomplishment personally and post/share with other others.

I don't demand/expect everyone to truly comprehend the preceding, but those who do will know what I'm referring to.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts