One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1/6 Grand Piano released by Sega Toys a few years ago but I just purchased from Japan recently.

The piano comes in either black or white. My first choice was the black fearing that white may become yellowish over time. However, the black one is significantly more expensive. With the price difference equivalent to a HT figure, I decide to go with the white one. The piano has a built-in speaker but also comes with an external speaker for better sound.

While it's 1/6 in scale, the detail is quite impressive.

The chords doesn't really play sound. There is an SD card slot which you can expand your own music library. As long as you have a midi file, you can convert into the format which piano can understand.

The keys are actually working. You can play a song if you use a toothpick. When in auto-play mode, the key automatically moves matching the music you are playing.

Since the piano is 1/6 scale, it definitely needs a figure to complete the scene.

It sure is expensive and probably not worth the price in many people's mind. However, it is a great display piece with high entertainment value. Best of all, even my wife approves the purchase and she is actually as excited as I am when opening the box. To see her enjoying my hobby is definitely priceless.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Too kewl--

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Where's a John Lennon figure when you need one!!

Looks pretty cool to me, how much????

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
[insert 12" pianist joke here]

Very nice detail as you said. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure if it is OK to post a link to a store on the forum. If it is OK, please let me know and I'll post it.

Also, for those who may be getting the piano. Sega Toys charges a lot for additional music SD cards.

However, with the free software below, you can convert any midi file into FEM file for the piano and the keys will play correctly.

PC MUSICBOX - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
I see no problem posting the link. I doubt any of our sponsors carry this item.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Brilliant bit of kit! I've been looking for one to make a Tim Minchin bash/dio sadly tho at $666 I'm going to have to give it a miss and try and make my own if I don't find something cheap.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
^That's what she said.

Very lovely piece! It seems to be worth it with the detail and the fact that it 'plays's which makes it so much more awesome. The pianist looks great too. I like the choice of HS and wardrobe.
I'm super jealous. Thanks for sharing and the links.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Well found something for my Tim Minchin build, it's only $18 and looks terrible, having said that; the picture below is the same piano with a custom paint job that looks 1000x better!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts