One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a Mexi-CAN!!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, since last year, I've been wanting to get ToyBiz' Gimli to go along with Sideshow's Aragorn and Legolas, this due to the superslow pace in which this line is being released, so here a re a few first shots of this figure.
I added Asajj Ventress' robe, but I'm still looking for the adequate cloak for him. Any suggestions? I also just ordered the DiD set of axes.
I really think this headsculpt is awesome!! Looks great doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Coming from someone who has been quite vocal about the slow pace of the LOTR releases, I think it looks awesome. In fact, IF SS ever does release a Gimli, I dont think you would have to get one as yours kicks ass as it is.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Great figure, I've always been a fan of Gimli and the 1/6 Toybiz version is the only LOTR figure I own. I like the new robe, it looks pretty good. Did you have to trim it or did you just leave it long?

Are you going to upgrade the body to something more posable? If so, I would recommend one of those G.I. Joe Sigma Six figures with the double joints (like the later releases of Snake Eyes and Stormshadow). Those figures are 8" high and look like they would make for a great base body for Gimli.

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
that's great, the cloak looks brilliant.
I love the toybiz Gimli, it stood out so much among all of those figures.
I remember getting the crappy arwen figure one and regretting it for ages as i was fairly broke at the time:p

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
very nice kuzeh
I've been waiting on SST to make him
but alas the wait continues...

I have both the TOYBIZ and DID versions
The HS on the TOYBIZ version beats the DID version hands down
I bashed up this one some years ago