One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1:6 Ghostbusters?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm in the planning stages of thinking about this. But I'd need help. most of all because I can't sculpt, and I'd want sculpts that perfectly catch the likeness of the Crew, Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully, and quite possibly Dana Barrett. Hopefully you all will respond, and someone might actually get back with me about a group project, I've seen some serious talent on here, and I'm hoping to hopefully draw in some fans.

:thumb
Dr. Jones

"She's not my girlfriend, she's a client, I find her interesting because she sleeps above her covers ... four feet above her covers!"

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Just the crew is ambitious enough as a project, and i dont really care about the staff, aside from Janine maybe.
And they would be cooler if they looked like those Busters:

the real action movie wasnt bad, but i always liked the cartoon better, and i think cartoon version sculpts would be much easier.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Palaboon said:
Just the crew is ambitious enough as a project, and i dont really care about the staff, aside from Janine maybe.
And they would be cooler if they looked like those Busters:

the real action movie wasnt bad, but i always liked the cartoon better, and i think cartoon version sculpts would be much easier.
Could very well be true, Murray has a very hard expression to capture. I always thought Tully was underused in the movies and that he should have been featured more prominently. But with the cartoon versions, you'd have to find or sew four individual costumes or five if you include the one that they gave Janine for 'containment'. Though a more cartoon take on the regular suit would be really cool.

I always thought about using NECA's 7" Slimer figure for the 1:6 scale, because he's the right size for that medium already. Especially the dancing version.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm incredibly serious about making them. 1 set for now, and split them up(maybe not so good an idea). Given enough money I would produce some for those (given help) who wanted them. My skill level just isn't there to do this level of sculpting on both the heads and the packs (my favorite version is the movie version).

But Palaboon is right, I think a mix of the cartoon and the movies is in order? Who likes that, movie gear - cartoon visage. C'mon people get back to me.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Why do you have to sew four versions? start with a base white suit and produce a good amount and just dye them afterwards into the three other colors?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know why I didn't think about that. Jeez, I think of everything the hard way. lol, Thanks for that, with that it's quite feasable to do the cartoon versions. Now I just need someone to hopefully step forward and help me, hopefully.

G

·
Didn't Andgor Toys have a good Bill Murray sculpt? I remember seeing it a while back. I'd love decent Ghostbuster figures!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd love a set of "the guys", and if they did well, then the staff. Not sure which version I would prefer though, movie or cartoon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
doctorjones1987 said:
yes they did, I just looked at it. It's perfect, and a decent deal for $40. They have a custom Peter Venkman custom up on their site. Doesn't look half bad.
Just a heads up - do NOT order from Andgor Toys. You'll thank me later.

I would love to see Frontline or someone do a full set of the movie Ghostbusters.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
General interest in Ghostbusters may increase soon. Vivendi are working on a game and have reputedly signed up Dan, Harold and Bill to provide the voices. That's all I know at the moment but it's an intriguing prospect.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd would want these kind of ghostbusters more. But the older ones we know would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go to ProtonCharging.com for all the latest info on the upcoming game and of course the first in game video from it Roger. All the original actors are back save Weaver and Moranis(sp?).

I'm not fond of that pre-vis art you have there Dredd. The whole reason that Ghostbusters really appeals to people is the fact they have great gadgets, but it's not so ... serious and the way Zootfly was handling things was setting it up for such a serious tone. I realize they were serious, but the undercurrent and heart was pure comedy. I'm not fond of the SWAT Gear and the Aliens approach to the weapons.

And why shouldn't I order from Andgor Cyroguns? What's wrong with them?

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Thanks, though it'll come out for PS3 and 360 and I don't have either. I know what you mean about that pic, I didn't know the USCM had a Ghostbuster Squad!

Nahh, as with everything they dare to re-imagine, original is best.

CHEERS!

PS (I don't think Sigourney will let anyone use her likeness.)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've wanted 1/6 Ghostbusters since I got into the hobby. About two years ago I started collecting all kinds of plans and reference shots (from the Ghostbuster Props site, mostly) in preparation of making my own. I even got some 1/6 parts, like the frame that goes under the proton pack. But then I switched gears before I got anywhere.

Every time Hot Toys or Sideshow or a smaller company announce a new franchise, I get very hopeful that we'll see Ghostbusters.

While I can't contribute much in the way of skills, I'd definitely be a paying customer for some figures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.