One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they out there? I know of the one that BBi/ Takar put out with their Cy Com and Cy Girl sets... Is there a better one out there?

Have been pulling the parts to do a RAH Rock n' Roll. I was going to go with an M60 but I keep hearing Gatling Gun.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
TUS one is pretty good, theres a manpack version --think Predator-- and a pintle mount version good for helos. HT made one too I think for their Terminator figure.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
I'll vouch for the InToyz minigun, as I have one myself. It's a great piece. I can't wait to see the Rock 'n Roll!

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I got one from one of those BBi Mass Market figures (It was the marine with the bendable arms, camo face paint, and bulldog tattoo). It used to be pretty cheap, but they are sold out. I don't recall the name of the figure, and I don't think it was the same as the Cy Com Colossus figure either. Sorry I can't be more specific!

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Thanks guys, and thank you Warlord (I thought Gatling was just a generic term for a multi bareled machine gun).
Me too... Learn something new everyday.. In any event. I'm thrilled :devilhndto see you are going forward with this man... :clap After Snake eyes, Road Block is next. I'll be looking for Apollo Creed or Clubber Lang at W.O.H for the AA muscular Body... I cant wait to see this. Any particular head sculpt you have in mind for Rock and Roll.....?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am making a 1:6 RAH of Rock n' Roll. But I am using the his file card from the 3.75 1983 figure as inspiration. Just gotta figure out how to work in the surfboard and base guitar.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Sorry if I came off bad with that one. In some respects your right, The mini gun and Vulcan 20mm cannon are grandkids of the Gatling.
When I went to PR to train with the N.G. there they had A10's with Vulcan nose guns. When those things fire you would swear someone just passed the loudest gas you ever heard. Here's a page with more info,

http://world.guns.ru/machine/minigun-e.htm

Paul

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Thanks guys, and thank you Warlord (I thought Gatling was just a generic term for a multi bareled machine gun).
You are using the correct term for the most part. It just depends on how technical you want to get. A Gatling gun is a gun with multiple firing pins and breeches connected to multiple rotating barrels. Each barrel fires a single shot as it reaches a certain point in the cycle after which it ejects the spent cartridge, loads a new round, and in the process. With the advent of the electric motor a Gatling gun may also be called a chain gun or minigun. Still the same thing.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SWAT - I can't wait that long :p

Warlord - no worries, I didn't take it that way at all :thumb

STALL STUFF - tamato - tomato - potato - patato - It's all good brother :)

One more thing - The mods would like us to not talk about trades or offers to trade in the forums. They would like it if we took it to the trades page or to PM. If they think the thread is going to turn into a trade they will dump the thread.

There is a whole thread about it on the top of the home page.

Please don't get me wrong. I appreciate the offers, I'd just hate for a thread to get shut down.

Thanks gain for everything - you guys ROCK :cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts