One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Mainly film related figures
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would compare the articulation of the female figure bodies that I have in a few poses that I want to do. I shot them over a couple of days hence the light changes as I never intended to do anything with the shots exept keep reference for myself but thought other members might find it useful. A couple of poses are missing a figure type .

The figures used are

Lady's Mission
Triad Alpha Small Bust
Sideshow 'Willow'
Hot Toys Alice
TTL Small Bust 1.0
PlayToy Small Bust S001
ZC World
Obitsu Soft Bust 27cm
Kumik 1.0
Flirty Girl

Below is a example of the comparison. showing sitting legs crossed.

I have 8 different poses at the blow link to my online album
Black Widow pose
Crawling
Crouching
Maximum Elbow bend
One Knee with handgun
Sitting Legs Crossed
Sitting foot on knee
Sitting legs to the side

https://picasaweb.google.com/111708...authkey=Gv1sRgCJK9x7qqkJD4lQE&feat=directlink

Attachments

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Goes to show you just how inflexible the HT, PlayToy and Kumik bodies really are..

Love seeing the sideshow ArtB body in there..very under rated body...

Only body missing was the Cy Girl/Takara 2.0...but it is so close to the TTL that this body kind of covers that area...CY Girl 1.0 is more inflexible then all of them...

Thanks for showing them....see my PM

Thanks

Andy

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
As much as Triad Toys has been criticized for many justified & legitimate reasons, the articulation & functionality of the ALPHA body design is still superior to other 1:6 female bodies even to this day.

It’s obvious the current trending nowadays is on form/physique instead of function as evident with the variety of the bodies released over the past few months.

When it comes to articulation & function, I admit that the ALPHA is still very good; however, my absolute preference is still towards the original CG 2.0 and IMHO TTL never truly replicated 100% the CG 2.0 design.

The ALPHA needs some adjustments in terms of aesthetics, but given the state of the Triad Toys it’s unlikely collectors will ever see a revised ALPHA offering other than re-purposed heads and different color leotards with a higher price tag and mentality that they expect collectors will buy without question and that is the ultimate disappointment, but then again disappointment & Triad Toys goes hand in hand.

Considering the ALPHA body has yet to be cloned in China/Hong Kong, I guess Triad Toys did successfully manage to keep their molds secure or no one in China/Hong Kong necessarily wants to clone anything from Triad Toys for obvious reasons short of unpaid for production stock/leftovers.

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
Very interesting survey, great pictures and thank you very much for sharing Alastair.

I would like to have seen Ace's Aiko in there, as I think that is probably the most flexible ( perhaps too flexible !! ) body I have ever seen. I am glad though you gave the Ladies Mission body a chance as that is another underated older body.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
good shots. thanks for the review. although I do bare pose ability in mind, but I rate how the body looks first and then I go for pose-ability. if the articulation of the figure have to suffer a little to get a more aesthetically (hope I spelled that right) pleasing figure I don't mind.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I now have a Phicen and Kumik 2.0. Will also be getting the FGC one from SMcG, So will photograph them sometime. I would love an original CG 2.0, are there any still available at reasonable prices?

I think that Edwick has covered Phicen so will probably leave her out.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
I now have a Phicen and Kumik 2.0. Will also be getting the FGC one from SMcG, So will photograph them sometime. I would love an original CG 2.0, are there any still available at reasonable prices?
--

Check eBay.

They show up from time to time either as a loose figure or you may find a clone based on the description or you could end up buying a boxed figure using the CG 2.0 body which came in different skin tone & breast sizes depending on the body/figure.

I have many extras, but I'll never sell/trade any of mine due to their scarcity for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very interesting survey, great pictures and thank you very much for sharing Alastair.

I would like to have seen Ace's Aiko in there, as I think that is probably the most flexible ( perhaps too flexible !! ) body I have ever seen. I am glad though you gave the Ladies Mission body a chance as that is another underated older body.
Hi, I found the Lady's Mission and the Sideshow ArtB to be the best with posing. The lady's Mission has a better shape in my opinion as the Sideshow is a bit to thin. Although I dis add epoxy putty to one for my Lara Croft.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have to say that I'm surprised that Obitsu holds up as well as it does against the better bodies. I often use them simply because my female figures tend to be petite.

Thanks for this comparison; definitely one of the more useful ones out there. :thumb

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nice resource, need to bookmark this.

Interesting to see the Triad and old Sideshow bodies get such good range. To me, they look the most natural, which is strange because I generally don't like those bodies for posing.

The obitsu of course is probably the best, but they're pretty spendy and they don't offer a lot of choices for heads/hands/etc without modding, yeah?

·
Registered
604 Posts

Interesting to see the Triad and old Sideshow bodies get such good range. To me, they look the most natural, which is strange because I generally don't like those bodies for posing.

The obitsu of course is probably the best, but they're pretty spendy and they don't offer a lot of choices for heads/hands/etc without modding, yeah?
Using different heads can take a bit of modding, it depends; usually not too difficult. Obitsu heads tend to be oversized so other companies heads can work. The lower legs are a bit too anime-ish for my taste, but are easy to take off a bit or hide in clothes. My biggest complaint with Obitsu is the tiny hands and feet. The hands for the other bodies in this comparision guide are way too large. Fashion royalty are the only other hands I've found so far that are larger but in scale, more realistic, and will fit; however spares are often expensive. Footwear is hit and miss too as far as size goes.

So basically, Obitsu: modding= easy; sizing hand/feet/head= can be problematic :lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I actually have PlayToy hands and wrist pegs on the Obitsu for the gun holding pose, they are oversized as OceanGirl24 says. Kumik hands fit well too but need the PlayToy pegs as the Kumik are too thin and rubbish.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can now also find my review in the PlayToy sticky. Thanks to site admin.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great resource -- thanks for putting these together! I'll see about getting comparison photos in the same poses using a Phicen body. I already know some aren't possible, but I'm curious to see how close I can get.
That would be great Edwick, could you use version 3 & 4.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts