One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought any of the line? I wouldn't mind a Doctor as well as a Cyberman. I would have to swap bodies though as the bodies they're on look to be terrible. I wouldn't think the Doctor would be too terrible to swap, but the Cyberman worries me. How hard is it to get the armor off the body?

The one thing I'm definitly going to get at some point is one of the 12" RC Daleks. They look damn nice. Before I ever saw any Doctor Who I never understood the Daleks. They look damn silly but are supposed to be the most frightening and formidable race in the universe. After watching the show though I now love the damn things. They really come off as increadibly impressive and even frightening.

And in any case, it would fit right in with the rest of my black clad 1/6 scale stuff. :D Probably will have to wait to after christmas to get one though. Have to buy other people stuff before I can buy anything for myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I switched my 10th Doctor's head onto a DiD body. The one he came with is very close, but with floppy legs and limited elbow articulation. The head was glued on and had to be carefully removed with an X-acto knife.

The radio control Daleks are nice, but they are 12 inches and not actually 1/6 scale. They are taller than the average 1/6 figure - as seen next to my 2nd Doctor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
doctorjones1987 said:
Where'd you get the Troughton figure Trevor? I'm looking into getting the CO 10th figure. Looks decent, could do with a re-paint. But it looks good though.
The Troughton figure is a DiD figure with added hair. I think it was Hinrich Weller originally.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I've got 2 Daves, Martha, a Judoon and a Cyber Leader and Controller. My second Dave is currently being overhauled with a Neo and a new paintjob. The RC Daleks are good if you don't use them as RC, they only take AA's and go through them like Jaws through the Orca!

Martha is by far the best of the bunch and has one of the best fem bodies I've come across.

I think Cotswold are stockists

CHEERS!

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
Bravo_2_Zero said:
BTW here in the UK. Dr.Who 'the doctor' 1/6th scale figures are on sale nearly everywhere for £6. I picked up one at Tesco for £6.80 or so, i've had reports they are also for sale in HomeBargins at £6.
What does that equate to in US dollars?

·
2,599 Posts
Any chance of picking some up for a stateside doctor fan? And, while I'm thinking, how are the prices on the rest of the 1:6 line?

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
ironman1188 said:
Any chance of picking some up for a stateside doctor fan? And, while I'm thinking, how are the prices on the rest of the 1:6 line?
I'll have to look next time i'm in Tesco (bit like wallmart) doing some shopping. The Tesco i was at only had the 12" Dr. in stock, the rest were 3.5" figures (GI Joe sized). Oh BTW it's the David Tennant suit and sneekers Dr.Who.

I'll keep my eye out when i go again which should be next Wednesday :thumb

·
2,599 Posts
Bravo_2_Zero said:
I'll have to look next time i'm in Tesco (bit like wallmart) doing some shopping. The Tesco i was at only had the 12" Dr. in stock, the rest were 3.5" figures (GI Joe sized). Oh BTW it's the David Tennant suit and sneekers Dr.Who.

I'll keep my eye out when i go again which should be next Wednesday :thumb
Thanks!!
I've really gotten back into the good Doctor for the first time since the Tom Baker days. Even my 6yr old is loving it. He watches every episode with me.
He wants to build an army of Daleks, but they're the most expensive in the line. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts