One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

If you would like to see more dc customs by me.

• more

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No thats ok

Votes: 10 20.0%
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't find a DC figures area to post this but here you go. I made a custom 1/6 scale Poison Ivy.

I decided it was ok to show joints for her because it was minimal.
I did the Bronze Age poison ivy so the head band was not neccessary.

I went with a comely face and gave her a curl hair and rose red lips. she already had green eyes so it saved me the trouble of paint.

I used 280 leaved cut and painted by hand and glued to body suit. 28 leaves used in gauntlets backed by leather. Let me know your thoughts.

just before putting leaves on stockings.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Re: 1/6 Custom Poison Ivy

Impressive work!

·
SPQR
837 Posts

Loves me some Dc Characters and you've done Ivy some real justice[no pun intended].The Outfit is perfect and the patience it would have taken with that Bodysuit really shows.Great work!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts

You're going to take this post/reply the wrong way.

Why did you post a poll asking if members here want to see more DC customs from you?

I don't believe anyone here needs acceptance or acknowledgment to post their 1:6 custom or kit bash creations within the OSW.

Comments, feedback, and praise from time to time is appreciated and good for the 1:6 creative ego and soul.

If you're customizing/kit bashing whatever for your personal enjoyment & satisfaction, then do so. You don't need to gauge if others are inclined to interested or not. We're all in this hobby first and foremost for our enjoyment. The association and friendships that follows with it is an added bonus.

This is primarily a military themed discussion group, but non-military creations have their place as well (i.e. 1:6 DC customs).

Personally speaking, you don't need a poll to gauge or justify what you want to do.

This is my opinion/perspective. I didn't post this to ridicule or upset you. If you take it that way, then you completely missed my context and intent.

With that said . . . your Poison Ivy is very good and I do like the effort/work you put into the costume.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

Why did you post a poll asking if members here want to see more DC customs from you?

I don't believe anyone here needs acceptance or acknowledgment to post their 1:6 custom or kit bash creations within the OSW.

Comments, feedback, and praise from time to time is appreciated and good for the 1:6 creative ego and soul.

If you're customizing/kit bashing whatever for your personal enjoyment & satisfaction, then do so. You don't need to gauge if others are inclined to interested or not. We're all in this hobby first and foremost for our enjoyment. The association and friendships that follows with it is an added bonus.

This is primarily a military themed discussion group, but non-military creations have their place as well (i.e. 1:6 DC customs).

Personally speaking, you don't need a poll to gauge or justify what you want to do.

This is my opinion/perspective. I didn't post this to ridicule or upset you. If you take it that way, then you completely missed my context and intent.

With that said . . . your Poison Ivy is very good and I do like the effort/work you put into the costume.
I agree 100% with you and was going to post something myself but knew I wouldn't word it correctly. You did a good job of it though.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts

I didn't post this to ridicule or upset you. If you take it that way, then you completely missed my context and intent.
Which you stated upfront that he/she would. As for me, I don't mind the poll nearly as much as I do the "negative waves" man.

Nice custom! Yes, keep posting.

See how easy that was.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Very nicely done.

:applause

Folks on this forum are free to seek acceptance/approval in their own fashion. Why anyone would want to piss on that is beyond me; however, considering the source, I'm not surprised.

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts

This is very well done. Amazing craftsmanship as you always show. I do agree that you shouldn't worry so much about what others want you to do. I understand you want feedback and input, as we all do. I also think you have to know your audience. I know you're on both OSW and SSF. OSW is different than SSF. SSF is a very critical forum. It's just different here. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Honestly, personally it spend time on both. I post my work on both. SSF has favorites and many fanboys of those favorites. Just saying. But, bottom line is, do what you want to do for YOU.

·
Registered
401 Posts

I Agree And Amazing Work Gwendydd.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Ayup, she looks good, feel free to show more.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I thought the poll was in good fun I didn't think anyone would even take it too serious. Your right freaks is a perrana poolly was told to never defend myself on freaks when I'm attacked because it makes me look bad.
I never used poll before was curious as we'll how it worked do I gave it a shot out of curiosity.

The curling of hair you use small curling rods picked up at Sally's beauty supply there red or for tighter curls like pin curls use pipe cleaners. Ivys was super curly after I did a boil perm(pour boiling water for half min & stop) curlers need to be on hair. I recommend perm paper this protects hair).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I was curious never did a poll before do I'm sorry if it ruffled feathers.

Perm curl hair is easy. Sally's beauty has small curlers there red and you use perp papers. 1st wet hair. Then use perm paper leaving 1/2" over hang to allow curlers to grab paper/mesh. If you want a 60's flip curl up towards head. For curls wrap around rod but under head. It takes some time so just play with it. You boil water on stove and pour water on hair for 30 seconds. Then allow to dry style then use gel or light hair spray. Easy peazzy

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

Let's get past the poll thing (that's a bit odd all around), and get down to the figure -- quite nice. The light in the pics is bright making the skin seem a bit glossy, and it probably looks even better in real life. That body suit is beautiful work and I can imagine it must have taken an awful lot of patience - it was worth it.

Since I am obviously lazier than you are, when I made a Poison Ivy I went with Sculpey leaves from the Martha Stewart mold below, which is great for many 1/6 purposes so I take this opportunity to recommend it:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks guys for the sculpt leaves didn't that make her heavy or bulky?and yes pics cannot grab her awesomeness I pinch myself still can't believe I did this.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts