One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright here's the deal: I'm a huge fan of the CG-animated "Beowulf" that came out last year and I'm dying to make a 1/6 custom.

You guys know the 1/6 world inside and out, down to the names of a figure when you see nothing more than their head.

I do have some sculpting skills (mostly hair), but any help on an initially good likeness, armor, etc would be more than appreciated.

If this thread absolutely annoys the hell outta' you I apologize :blank

Thanks fellas

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
I dont have any pictures but i think the heads here will help:>>>>

Ansgar, "Nordland" Panzergrenadier, Oder 1945 Oberschutze (Dragon)
Chopper, 26th MEU, 3rd Force Recon (Blue Box Toys)

I havnt seen the film yet, but the general look of Beowulf seems to be made up of layers of leather, so leatherette or faux leather (whatever it be called) would be best.
A good base sword that could be used is the 1/6 Glamdring sword used by Gandalf the White (LOTR) Both Beowulfs and Gandalfs swords have the slight leaf-like blade, plus the handles arent too dissimilar, would need some custom work, but not much.
The bigger problem i imagine would be the base body, most bodies like BBI, Dragon, Hottoys can be on the skinny and un-detailed side, so im not sure what other body to recommend besides the Hot toys Rambo Muscular body, which aint cheap.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Got more info. The Gandalf figure was made by Toybiz as part of the 1/6 Rotocast figures, I remember seeing these figs really cheap in stores, so because its cheap it will be worth just buying the whole figure purely for the sword and scabbard alone.
A cheaper base body with muscles are those Wrestling figures from WWE or something, i dont follow Wrestling unfortunately.
Check out the following link, its not 1/6 but may give you an ideas and some good detailed reference photos for making the costume:
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=6077

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jankatana - I think you nailed the sword. That one actually never crossed my mind---I've been looking through SS's LoTR figures and not having much luck. I've yet to investigate Ignite's line, but those would probably be harder to customize being metal and all.

The headsculpts shown are both very close, but I think I'm leaning more toward chopper. I have a misc. BBI Brad Pitt lookalike w/ goatee, and when searching to find the name of the figure (which I never did) I ran across BBI's Trident.

He looks pretty close to me, so I guess it comes down to cost now. If I'm not mistaken, Trident's a pretty costly figure, correct?

As far as the body goes, I think the HT Rambo is the only way to go. :thumb

Thanks for all the help, and feel free to keep it coming!

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Maybe this headsculpt might do the trick? Just add some hair to him...

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's actually not too bad, but the picture on the box looks a lot more like Beowulf than the actual HS. Plus, I would have to sand part of his beard off, and I think for me anyway, it would be easier to sculpt a fresh goatee than to sand and paint away a beard.

However the price of those FF figs, I like!

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I couldn't even find a Chopper in the box, much less his head.

The only Ansgar I ran across was this "Custom" which is essentially Ansgar customizedly stripped of everything he owned in this world:

http://cgi.ebay.com/German-Dragon-Ansgar-Custom-Loose_W0QQitemZ130216071966QQihZ003QQcategoryZ27294QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the price ain't even right for him.

I found a repro of the Trident head, but I'm leaning away from that one more & more, so if any of you run across Chopper or Ansgar pls let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to check out these two Dragon heads: "Hakon" who like Ansgar is a Panzergrenadier, and "Chris" who's a sniper. Their heads are on sale on eBay right now:
Hakon is item number 320237399087 and Chris is 350045806200. For another look at Chris, he's also item number 140208939757. Any idea what head sculpt you will use for Anthony Hopkins?

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ashton - PM me I have the Ansgar head (someplace). I have not seen the film, but from the shots I've seen on the TV it looks like he has on some kind of sleeveless armored shirt? Check this out.
http://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4506
I actually have one of those, and considered it myself, but I think I'm going to attempt a more natural look w/ either real cloth or a smooth plastic armor for painting. I'd have to sand the hell outta that thing. PM Sent by the way...

You might want to check out these two Dragon heads: "Hakon" who like Ansgar is a Panzergrenadier, and "Chris" who's a sniper. Their heads are on sale on eBay right now:
Hakon is item number 320237399087 and Chris is 350045806200. For another look at Chris, he's also item number 140208939757. Any idea what head sculpt you will use for Anthony Hopkins?
I'm thinking Hakon's chin is a little too weak, but I definitely see it in the eyes. And I was surprised how close of a match Chris was!

As far as Anthony Hopkins goes, I'm not getting ahead of myself here...but Dr. Sid up there is looking like a great start :b

·
Registered
320 Posts
jankatana - I think you nailed the sword. That one actually never crossed my mind---I've been looking through SS's LoTR figures and not having much luck. I've yet to investigate Ignite's line, but those would probably be harder to customize being metal and all.

The headsculpts shown are both very close, but I think I'm leaning more toward chopper. I have a misc. BBI Brad Pitt lookalike w/ goatee, and when searching to find the name of the figure (which I never did) I ran across BBI's Trident.

He looks pretty close to me, so I guess it comes down to cost now. If I'm not mistaken, Trident's a pretty costly figure, correct?

As far as the body goes, I think the HT Rambo is the only way to go. :thumb

Thanks for all the help, and feel free to keep it coming!
Can ANYONE tell me what figure come with this Brad Pitt Headsculpt? This is exaclty what i´m needing to make a Captain America figure.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thank´s for the information.

I´ll find the figure on ebay, it´s in turn of US$ 100,00.

The problem is that i really want only the head, i don´t have any militar figure in my collection.

Thank´s for the help, i´ll try to find for a head.

Regards,

Marcio

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.