One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Combat Evolved
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the GI Joe sigma 6 ATV and it looked a lil big for ol' Duke has anybody used it for 1/6th project. I also saw an RC one at WalMart with a plastic driver I picked that up, but I am not crazy about it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I haven't really paid attention to the S6 stuff, and really never looked at the ATV.

How's the Wal Mart RC atv? Do you think it would be possible to swap out one of the Polaris ERTL ATV bodies with it? $20 is a good price for that, and it would be worth it if it could be done.

Thanks

John

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
I just found one I have been looking for for a while now. 1/6 Kawasaki Mojave 250 by Motormax. They also make some great 1/6 MX bikes too. Sir Eaton Flipflop bashed one a while back, and it set me on the hunt for one.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60739&highlight=Quad

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160141625038&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

I found an RC one at TRU before Christmas, and it fits 1/6 soldiers well. I think Wal-mart had these same ones in blue and yellow.

Ertl made some as well. I had a John Deere utility quad that got traded recently. It was more of a toy, and was pretty low in the detail department, but fit well. Their 1/6 Polaris was a waaaaay better offering ( I have no pics).

Attachments

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
Kozin - if that is the same RC model as the one I added for pics, I was tempted to do the same, with the Ertl JD I traded. The RC gear is pretty weak, not much range, or power. Some RC tweaking would be a real good idea if you were going to add full 1/6 figures to it. New receivers and motor, maybe even suspension.

Anything is possible, could work well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for the intel. I have one of the Ertl ones apart on my workbench for a custom but thought that it would be cool to R/C it as well.

Might just have to pick one up and try it out.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.