One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
That's pretty awesome. The body is a bit big, but Goldstein was in excellent shape physically when she was in that movie, so it gives a better toned appearance than the slim body the figure came with. The face paint and bandana are well done too. How did you do the bandana?

She had been doing some bodybuilding before she got the part, so she was very fit. In the scene where they were doing chin ups, she was actually doing them and the guys weren't.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most impressive. Congrats.
What body is that?
Lol. It's old M30 (First Muscular male body) from Phicen.
There is no short Female muscular body, so I tested this one. It's pretty short, so It looks alright. It IS a placeholder until TB League comes out with short Female muscular body.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty awesome. The body is a bit big, but Goldstein was in excellent shape physically when she was in that movie, so it gives a better toned appearance than the slim body the figure came with. The face paint and bandana are well done too. How did you do the bandana?

She had been doing some bodybuilding before she got the part, so she was very fit. In the scene where they were doing chin ups, she was actually doing them and the guys weren't.
Yeah. The body is big, but still little shorter than her original base body. The arms just too thick.
Again, I'll replace it as soon as TB League makes a short Female muscular body.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
Awesome. If you find something that matches a bit better for the body, let us know. I would love to update mine as well.

Is the bandana painted cloth?

Check out this thread from 7 years ago. I had a chance to meet a bunch of Aliens crew at a local Con. (Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure - My Team of...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome. If you find something that matches a bit better for the body, let us know. I would love to update mine as well.

Is the bandana painted cloth?

Check out this thread from 7 years ago. I had a chance to meet a bunch of Aliens crew at a local Con. (Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure - My Team of...
Thanks!
For the Bandana, I made vector design that matches the original and printed on cotton sheet using inkjet printer.
You're lucky to meet them all in person. I'd love their signatures on my figure boxes!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
Thanks!
For the Bandana, I made vector design that matches the original and printed on cotton sheet using inkjet printer.
You're lucky to meet them all in person. I'd love their signatures on my figure boxes!
That's really cool with the bandana. I have heard of that type of printing, but I have never tried it myself.

That was really a fun event. It's a shame Bill Paxton has passed on since, but it was really amazing to have met him and had a short chat.

Jenette Goldstein, Mark Rolston and Rico Ross were all great to chat with as well, and because they had shorter lines at the con, they loved to chat with the fans a bit longer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice work on the head sculpt - your paint job is great. Looking at the stock photos, it seems that the original bandanna is moulded into the head, so I'm guessing you put the new one over it?

I can't blame Hot Toys for following the money, but it's a shame that they're mostly focused on the latest Marvel and Star Wars with the odd bit of DC, because the Colonial Marines could really use the '2.0' treatment.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!
Nice work on the head sculpt - your paint job is great. Looking at the stock photos, it seems that the original bandanna is moulded into the head, so I'm guessing you put the new one over it?
I can't blame Hot Toys for following the money, but it's a shame that they're mostly focused on the latest Marvel and Star Wars with the odd bit of DC, because the Colonial Marines could really use the '2.0' treatment.
Thanks! Yes the bandana was 1 piece with her head in the original. I carved it out and replaced with printed cloth version. Also cut the head around the upper neck and made joint for better articulation.
I'd pick up Colonial Marines v2.0 anytime! - specially the ones didn't make the first round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts