One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can 1/35 model figures be painted with liquitex acrylics???

By the way, any of you interested in a customizing tutuorial?
If I do it, I will include a lot of specific details.
It would include the following:

Repainting a sculpt.

Modifying DML Neo bodies

Painting DML hands.

Weathering uniforms w/ chalk pastels

So let me know if you're interested.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
They sure can. I know folks who've used Liquitex and just about every other brand of artist acrylic you can think of to paint model figures. Like Mark said, you'll probably want to prime them with a flat white or gray spray primer first.

·
How did I get into this?
296 Posts
If you're painting 1/35th then Tamiya are the prime candidates, personally I think Vallejo are better and have a superb range of military colours.

CHEERS!
I agree with rogerbee. Vallejo Modelcolors (www.acrylicosvallejo.com) are better, if not the best, for painting military miniatures.

I've used Tamiya and Gunze before, but they pale in comparison with Vallejo. In fact, I'm using Modelcolor right now for my models of the U.S. Army in Iraq (Trumpeter).

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
If there's a colour you want to match then Vallejo has it. I repainted an Endor Rebel helmet with one of their colours and it was a precise match. I found it quite amusing that the best colour matches for the Rebels were all German colours!

CHEERS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.