One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see more 1/18 scale modern military figures and vehicle of the Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Soviet Afghanistan War, Falklands War, Israel-Hezbollah Lebanon conflict and Vietnam War. Blueboxtoys being the leader in this scale with the M-1A1 Abrams Tank, LAV-25 Pirahna, Humvees, LSV, Motorcycle, AH-64, OH-6, OH-58, UH-60, F/A-18C and F-16CJ being the last great 1/18 scale aircraft. Blueboxtoys had the right idea with their accurate 1/18 scale and then stopped short with their 1/18 scale combat command. I just wish a toy company would give the modern military field at least a six year or decade of attention and put WWII on hold. :hardcase

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would still like to see Dragon do certain 1/18 scake aircraft, vehicles and vehicles.

1. F-15E Strike Eagle 335th FS (Chiefs) 4th FW (SJ)
2. F-15C Eagel 44th FS (Vampires) 18th Wing (ZZ)
3. F-16CJ Fighting Falcon 13th FS (Panthers) 35th FW (WW)
4. F/A-18F Super Hornet VFA-103 (Jolly Rogers) CVW-7 (AG)
5. F/A-18C Hornet VFA-131 (Wildcats) CVW-7 (AG)
6. F/A-18C Hornet VMFA-251 (Thunderbolts) CVW-1 (AB)
7. AV-8B+ Harrier II VMA-542 (Flying Tigers) MAG-14 (CF)
8. AH-1W Super Cobra HMLA-367 (Scarface) MAG-39
9. UH-1N Huey HMLA-369 (Scarface) MAG-39
10. MH-60M Black Hawk 160th SOAR
11. AH-64D Apache Long Bow 101st Airborne
12. MiG-29M Super Fulcrum
13. Mi-24D Hind
14. USMC AAVP-7A1 Amtrack with Enhanced Applique Armor Kit woodland camo
15. USMC LAV-25 Piranha woodland camo 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion.
16. USMC LAV-M Piranha woodland camo 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion.
17. USMC M-1A1HA Abrams woodland camo 1st Tank Battalion.
18. USMC M-1114 Humvee Uparmored with M-2 HB woodland camo.
19. USMC M-1511 Interim with M-240G woodland camo.
20. US Army M-1A1 Abrams 3rd ID, 3-69 Armor desert tan camo.
21. US Army M-2A2 Bradley 3rd ID, 3-15 Infantry desert tan camo.
22. US Army M-1A2 Abrams 4th ID, 1-67 Armor desert tan camo.
23. US Army M-2A3 Bradley with Explosive Reactive Armor 4th ID, 1-22 Infantry desert tan camo.
24. US Army M-1114 Humvee Uparmored with MK-19 desert tan camo
25. British Challenger II Tank 7th Armored Brigade, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in desert yellow camo.
26. British MCV-80 Warrior 7th Armored Brigade, Irish Guards in desert yellow camo.
27. British Land Rover, Defender SAS vehicle in desert yellow camo.
28. Australian 6x6 Land Rover, Defender in Auscam woodland camo.
29. USAF F-4D Phantom II
30. USMC F-4B Phantom II
31. USN F-4J Phantom II
32. US Army M-113A1 APC
33. US Army UH-1C Huey Gunship
34. USMC M-48 Patton Tank
35. USMC M-151A2 Mutt Jeep
36. US Army AH-1F Cobra
37. MiG-21 Fishbed
38. T-72 Tank
39. T-55 Tank
40. T-80U Tank
41. BMP-2
42. BMP-1

I could go on forever, I don't think these will ever see the light of day.

·
Modern Junkie
195 Posts
I like Knappster's wish list(kinda glad its still wishlist, I'd be outta room if those were out), tho I'd like to see a Mig-29 and Su-27.

Looking forward to BBi's A-10. an F-4 Phantom would be sweet x10. Many of the modern hardware could have a long 1/18th cycle, due to at least 3 camo schemes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
3rd Nomad, same here. i'd make a mess in my pants if they did a Phantom...a real big mess.
And a Tomcat. An A-6 Intruder would also be one of my favorites for them to make, though, I don't see it. though a A-4 Skyhawk, would be very doable, size wise, and, with the Navy useing it at Topgun, would make many very cool camo versions, along with the normal Vietnam era ones.
But, for WWII, SBD, for the love of GOD!!! Stormovik!!!!
those are my thoughts.

·
MiG-29
41 Posts
1:18 Scale USAF F-16C w/ Radar Hunting Loadout

1:18 Scale - F-16C w SEAD Mission Gear

Centerline Stores Point Installation:

AN/ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pod:

·
MiG-29
41 Posts
3d Nomad said:
M60E4, you've been busy. Nice stuff, I like this shot, the deck looks almost like a carrier deck> http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/Sector31/NAS Shoreline/NASShoreline039.jpg

I'm more glad I bought a Hornet, have yet to open it...its a space issue.

Nice work on the centerline pylon piece.
Thanks Nomad! I got into the 1/18 customizing kick in less than a year - quite the trial and error process. About the pics. That was my same reaction when I took those photos at the community skateboard park. I wanted an open space that could pass for a tarmac or airfield. I then saw that block with the grind and scuff marks that resembled a landing strip. Naturally, carrier deck came to mind. I took about 40 odd photos at that park, i'll send you the link. One of the pics has this dude and some 7 year old kid boarding nearby. And now the space issue. Lots of planes...very limited space. I have a few on my wishlist but the toy companies seem to prefer WWII over modern. I'd take to issue with anyone who thinks that modern wouldn't sell. Total lack of vision if anything. People in marketing and in the 'decision' making process are so far removed and clueless it's not even funny. Case in point? In the past couple years, toys inspired by the import car tuner industry have flooded the market. They could have sold these back in '95 and made a killing. It wasn't till after Fast and the Furious that these marketing cretins thought they came up with a genius idea, I'm kinda skeptical about anything decent coming out for 1/18 anytime soon. I'll bet they'll still be re-hashing gestapo toys way into next year. I think I need to start talking to people in Japan about starting a new toy company.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Damn that is seriously cool stuff there. The only things I have in 1:18th are bbi's P-51d and the M4 Sherman tank.

·
MiG-29
41 Posts
u

Hollowpoint said:
Damn that is seriously cool stuff there. The only things I have in 1:18th are bbi's P-51d and the M4 Sherman tank.
Thanks there Hollowpoint. I only have 3 planes...the other an F86F which I got from WallyWorld for $19.00 dollars. It was listed for $39.00 but the WalMart Employee told me it wasn't and checked. What a steal. I'm hoping some company will release a MiG-29 and perhaps any of the Modern US Planes as well. I wanted to get another F-18 and convert it to CF-18. You guys up there have pretty elaborate paint schemes for your planes up there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
FiveFiveSix said:
3rd Nomad, same here. i'd make a mess in my pants if they did a Phantom...a real big mess.
And a Tomcat. An A-6 Intruder would also be one of my favorites for them to make, though, I don't see it. though a A-4 Skyhawk, would be very doable, size wise, and, with the Navy useing it at Topgun, would make many very cool camo versions, along with the normal Vietnam era ones.
But, for WWII, SBD, for the love of GOD!!! Stormovik!!!!
those are my thoughts.
I guess I should make that mess, they're doing a Phantom....AND a B-25, which I had the idea they could, but didn't they'd actually ever do.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My gripe with 1/18 scale is no modern pilots (individual ) no ground crews for dio's. I have the F-16 and F-18 (gray) with the Black Hawk helo. My want list range from the A-6 intruder, F-14 and the A4 skyhawk...look foward to the F4 phantom, i would't mind a 1/18 space shuttle fully loadedbut settle for the B-25. Thats my 1/18 world..:devilhnd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts