One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
l have been wondering about this, the ACU uniform you always see on U.S. soldiers is like a bluish grey ACU. l reasently bought a real ACU vest off ebay and in the pic it was the grayish blue ACU and when l got it it was green, l have seen pics of bluish grey ACU and a green ACU, so does that mean there are two types of ACU, so is the green ACU a woodland for forests and the blush grey for urban, because l thought the ACU was supost to have a few colours to blend in all enviroments and if thats the case why would the army need two versions, enlighten me.

·
Coalcracker Extraordinair
2,071 Posts
There is only one. In the 1/6th world, there are several manufacturers. They all use a slightly different shade. Another difference is the age of the uniform. It grays as it gets older due to fading. Hope that helps.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Because ACU is SNAFU.

Yes, I'm one of the people that don't like ACU, and we are legion (although not as legion as we used to be...) Until the human eye devolves or technology evolves, the concept of a truly 'universal' camoflage pattern is flawed and doomed to failure. There has been at least one color correction of the ACU colorway. I'm not an expert but I believe that there have been the two that you mentioned: One a little more green (the one you've got), one that's a little more blue. DID is the only manufacturer to do the greener colorway.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Yep, as One-Delta said, the real ones vary a bit with age and production lots. I see soldiers in ACU on a daily basis and can often compare their uniforms if they are standing together. The difference in shades and pattern strength is always noticeable. One NCO I saw the other day was wearing a shirt that was more blue/gray while his pants were more green/gray.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
ACU Variety

While shopping in a HUGE Army-Navy store outside the Yadkin gate at Bragg (no not General Jackson's store), I noticed HUGE diferences in shades of color. Use was a key factor but even a bigger factor ESPECIALLY in web gear was the manufacturer. I saw some really ugly stuff made in China that was way off. Keep that in mind when you buy gear. My recommendation is stick with the government issue, tactical tailor, spec ops and 511 brands. I'm sure I'm missing some, sorry.

·
AKA Silent G
637 Posts
And yet again, we have the supposed "OVERWHELMING" Legion against ACU that everyone seems to speak of...

Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp that it ISN'T meant to be PERFECT. The ACUs have gone through about 4-5 variants in the shade of the base color. The Uniform does its job, which in the arena of modern combat at close range ANY camoflage is for all intents and purpose useless... the Uniform is for force ID as opposed to being for concealment.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because ACU is SNAFU.

Yes, I'm one of the people that don't like ACU, and we are legion (although not as legion as we used to be...) Until the human eye devolves or technology evolves, the concept of a truly 'universal' camoflage pattern is flawed and doomed to failure. There has been at least one color correction of the ACU colorway. I'm not an expert but I believe that there have been the two that you mentioned: One a little more green (the one you've got), one that's a little more blue. DID is the only manufacturer to do the greener colorway.
yea there must be two both equally used because l bought a real ACU vest off ebay and its green and bran new from the factory green and not worn out and it is U.S. issue not some knock off and on ebay there are gi issue ACU uniforms brand knew that are the blue colour and ones that are green.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.