One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
i draw pictures.....
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends
Here is something i did recently.Inspired by Mr. Ed Emaunel's stark, gripping and compelling memoir on his Vietnam experience. I decided to make a 1/6th diorama based on one of his LRP/LRRP teams in Vietnam, as described in his book. I took a crash course in all things Vietnam and more specifically on the LRPs/LRRPs. I bought half a dozen books on 'Nam related US infantry equipment and spent the better part of a month reading up and learning as much as possible. The internet was also important in acquiring valuable information. The figures are modelled loosely on one of Mr. Emanuel's patrols, while the 'pig' gunner is a more accurate representation of Mr. Emanuel. I wanted to give the figures a sense of individuality and thus used different knives/sheaths for all of them (yes..LuRPS used equipment from the other Spec Ops services).
Well here is..the

"Soul Patrol"-LuRPs-Extraction!
"Hustle Up! The Chopper is coming in!"

Team 2-6
Company F, 51st Infantry LRP (Airborne)
AO (Area of Operations) "Ace"
Bien Hoa
South Vietnam
Dec. 1968

Soul Brothers, Soul Patrol..

(early pic with the ABN tab unweathered)

I am very fortunate to call him a friend..thank you Mr. Ed Emanuel.

And here are some reference pics and Mr. Ed Emanuel's book,

thanks for looking
namaste
Miguel

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
it doesn't get any better than this. Masterpiece

You have reached vettius level skill and that's just about the highest compliment I could give when it comes to this hobby

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
Miguel
I've literally just drooled over these pics for the last week and my god what an absolute masterpiece!
Superb work my friend!

Cya
Hankster

·
Pill dispenser
672 Posts
Absolutely stunning. The attention to detail is amazing. Excellent, excellent work.

Where are the headsculpts from? Did you sculpt them yourself?

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,879 Posts
Echoing everyone else...these are true masterpieces and deserve museum status. I loved seeing them on the FB page, and amazing seeing them on here too. I've had the pleasure of chatting to Ed Emanuel a couple times, and read the book through.....amazing rendition and creativity

·
Registered
903 Posts
Simply outstanding work of an artist worthy of his name, it is thanks to his kind of realization that our little world is known, respect bro

Namaste Miguel

Carlos Valentim .

·
Registered
565 Posts
gotta put my jaw back in place, this is a stunning scene, and such a talented work! so many details and so much attention paid to them, it's really amazing! (although these joes didn't read the topic about taping hand grenades lol)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Absolute fantastic work. KOTM for me. Amazing attention to Detail and the Dio looks brilliant too. This should go to an Museum next to the great work from Red Dragon with his "Hunter Killer" Display. The Heads are fantastic choosen for this Dio. I love especially the kneeling RTO, the M60 gunner and the running guy with the starlight scope. Brilliant faces and it looks so real.

THX for sharing - you made my day :thumb:clap

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
It is too damn early in the morning to be confronted by this level of detail. I need a few more hours, and a beer, to take all of this in. Bloody stunning.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts