One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Vague, ambiguous thread titles are frustrating imo

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  CobraTrooper11 
#1 ·
This may not bother anyone else but me, but It's the main reason why I don't bother engaging with this forum much anymore. There are just too many threads titles that don't offer folks any clue whatsoever of the likely content of the thread. I'm talking mainly about the sixth scale news, reviews and discussion threads. Clicking on these threads only to find I have zero interest in the topic is frustrating. It could be addressed by asking of thread starters that their title be at least partially specific.

But maybe that's how most folks like it, I don't know. If so, carry on I guess.

#5 ·
I honeslty bypass threads based on titles. I have missed some stuff because of this, but the honest truth is that I don't have all day to read 90% of the threads that are on here. A majority of the stuff I have no interest in because it is not a topic that interests me or the title doesn't lead me to want to open it up. Sometimes I open a thread up and its something that interests me and other times I feel like I am wasting my time. There is nothing that can be done about this as it is up to the particular person that creates the thread to market it properly. I will say that it is nice that I can usually figure out what genere the bash is from the subtitle part.

The most frustrating for me is the sales threads though. I need to know quickly what someone is selling from the title or I will not open the thread. I also hate to say it, but I am a parts snob and I can tell what someone is usually selling due to what genere the gravitate to or what they have sold in the past and I will usually bypass those sellers because I have no interest in what I perceive them to be selling. If you want to sell something, make it clear in the title what you are getting rid of (modern, WWII, Scifi, etc).

Jeff

#7 ·
I am with Lejuan on this one, I find many thread titles not only vague but also misleading too. I have opened far too many and been dissappointed ! I would have thought it was really in the interest of the thread starter to give a title that lead people to know what to expect. I do get the impression that some people think being mysterious is somehow clever LOL !!

I take Duck of Deaths point on sales threads, but most sales are fairly categorisable. I never look at 'My wants list' type threads for instance.

#8 ·
i agree with you on this, we need to have specific titles where availible so we can know what we are seeing. also i hate when somebody (on ebay) is selling a figure part or clothing item and lists it as ... BBI Soldier story triad dml dragon ... etc. cause if you're the seller you should know what you selling. this applies to threads in that its your art and you responsibilty to label the art correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.