KoTM suggestions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: KoTM suggestions

KoTM suggestions

Well Im pretty new here and like a lot of other newbies Im sure we'd like to get our kitbash's in KoTM. Since were pretty new here we dont have experience of the oldtimers like USMCWayne and Pukindog and others that have been at it for a while. It would be nice if there were an amateur KoTM section for noobies based on when they joined. The formation of such a sub section for KoTM may foster more participation in KoTM. Another idea I have is to have KoTM sub sections like Modern, WWII, Sci Fi and Vehicles that way the competition is equally divided amongst thier interests. Please feel free to comment or whatever on my suggestions.

Ground Rules for Amateur KoTM

You cant enter Amateur KoTM if youve been picked or nominated for KoTM.

You cant enter Amateur KoTM if youve been a member of OSW more than 5 months.

Youre exempt from Amateur KoTM if your action figure is in the rotating gallery.
    An AK a day keeps the bad guys away.

My Trades/Wants List

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We've tried having multiple KoTMs for different genres. It didn't work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chocobo
    We've tried having multiple KoTMs for different genres. It didn't work very well.

Ok kool I figured that multiple genres would have been tryed already. But I like to see what the OSW staff and others think about a Amateur KoTM.

My Trades/Wants List

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sawgunner is offline I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
    What's to prevent a seasoned hobbyist from joining OSW and sweeping all the "newbies" ? In a perfect world it would be more fair to have age-groups, but there is no way of verifying anyone's real age.

Thats why we have Mods lol. seriously Im sure you guys can tell an amateur from a seasoned basher. Has an Amateur KoTM been tried before, maybe it has Im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawgunner
    What's to prevent a seasoned hobbyist from joining OSW and sweeping all the "newbies" ? In a perfect world it would be more fair to have age-groups, but there is no way of verifying anyone's real age.

My Trades/Wants List