"Showing threads <menu> in <menu> order, from <menu>" in Archives and FA

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: "Showing threads <menu> in <menu> order, from <menu>" in Archives and FA

"Showing threads <menu> in <menu> order, from <menu>" in Archives and FA

I noticed that a few of the OSW Archives (such as Femfigs) and the FAQ section still default to "Show threads from the last 30 days." Most of the posts in those forums are from more than 30 days ago, and appear empty unless a member changes the dropdown by themselves or sets their personal preferences to display all threads in all forums from the beginning.

Since I believe most of us use "Use default forum settings", for ease of us, shouldn't the FAQ section and all of the Archives be set to display threads from the beginning? I know that there's a nice little button that lets you change the default "Show threads from..." to any of the available options.

I don't know, wouldn't this be a helpful thing to do? All the old FAQ threads would be easier to access, and the Femfig Archive wouldn't appear empty.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good suggestion CC.

It's a setting in the User Control Panel under "Default Thread View":
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...on=editoptions

Unfortunately, the default is 30 days unless the individual changes it to something like "show all threads". I'd have to check how to change the default value. I'd probably have to hack the code a bit, cuz I'm unable to change the default via the Admin Control Panel.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Are you sure? I could swear there's a button in the Admin panel. Then again, I think my version of vB was older. I seem to remember something under each individual forum on the bit where you create sections.... or am I just smoking something funny again?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey! Your're right! Completely missed it. Was looking in the vbulletin options, and not the individual Forum options. D'oh!

You shall now be called "Master Chocobo".

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

"Master Chocobo". I like that, new custom title! LOL