RC Humvee, what to do...what to do..

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: RC Humvee, what to do...what to do..

RC Humvee, what to do...what to do..

I received a fairly large package today, i was looking around on ebay for 1:6 Vehicles and found a broken (said Problems with the Motor) RC Humvee, one i saw before but new and fully functional, well i dont care for the RC Function since i dont intend to run it.
    I just took a few snapshots with my cellphone since unfortunatly my Digital Cam decided not to work anymore a while ago.
    Some pics with the Hasbro Humvee for Size comparison, i can give you some more exact measurements later if anybody wants. And of course a picture with my latest bash for figure comparison.
    Now for the pictures:

As you can see its pretty close in scale, and the suspension is alot higher than the standard hasbro hummer.

Personally im asking for ideas and suggestions what to do with it because its unfortunatly just a rolling chassis, no door opening function and no interior whatsoever, the options i see:
    1. Keep it as it is, use it backround fodder for Pictures
    2. Disassemble everything i can (Suspension, Wheels, Cargo Rack, Bullguard...) and frankenstein it onto a Action Man LSV (like the Chenowth from Hasbro just a bit smaller) and make a freestyle ATV
    3. Try to make a interior from scratch

I was considering to use it to upgrade the Hasbro Hummer but im on Sawgunners List for a guntruck kit, so i dont wanna mess with the Hasbro one.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: RC Humvee, what to do...what to do..

If it were mine I'd wreck it and make a section of road like an IED attack...

make it look like a military HMMVW first of course.

Peter.

Weather it and make more battle damaged.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

PMC vehicle!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter The Painter View Post
    If it were mine I'd wreck it and make a section of road like an IED attack...

make it look like a military HMMVW first of course.

Peter.
    Does seem a bit...wasteful, especially since i dont have much room, and i wont display a wreck also id prefer it realistic and dont want to bash a few corpses in uniform to match the wreck.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -